Acenima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new Acekard 2i from dscartshop and I formatted the SD and put akaio on the root and put in my DS Phat to test it out and the DS can't read the acekard so im guessing its defective. Its not my DS though because my DSTT and all my other games work on the DS phat. The acekard fits in firmly so it can't be a contact issue and I tried blowing inside the DS and on the acekard.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you have a contact issue. i've recently received 12 brand new acekards, all of them have contact issues on my XL. the acekard 2i is built like shite and there isn't much we can do about it.

The acekard fits in firmly so it can't be a contact issue

how firm it pushes in has little to do with the ak2i's contact issue. it has to do with the distance between the front of the card (side with the sticker) and the wall of the ds slot. it also has to do with the placement of the PCB and/or if it is slightly skewed on one side.

give this a read: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Solving_Acekard_2i_Contact_Issues

-another world

Acenima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you have a contact issue. i've recently received 12 brand new acekards, all of them have contact issues on my XL. the acekard 2i is built like shite and there isn't much we can do about it.

The acekard fits in firmly so it can't be a contact issue

how firm it pushes in has little to do with the ak2i's contact issue. it has to do with the distance between the front of the card (side with the sticker) and the wall of the ds slot. it also has to do with the placement of the PCB and/or if it is slightly skewed on one side.

give this a read: http://wiki.gbatemp...._Contact_Issues

-another world
This is unacceptable from such a card >:( I bought this over the supercard dstwo and now I regret it

Acenima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure its not a clone?
It has the official acekard sticker on it and I used the code gbatemp for 3% off. Also I tried the paper trick aswell as tape and that didn't help at all. Customer service won't refund or anything until I return the product but I don't want to go through the trouble.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm weird. Just got an Acekard 2i from them too a couple of days earlier. Is your SD (I believe it's microSD btw but that is beside the point) card placed properly in? It is spring loaded right? Cos I sometimes forget that especially since my old cart.

iTStorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hmm weird. Just got an Acekard 2i from them too a couple of days earlier. Is your SD (I believe it's microSD btw but that is beside the point) card placed properly in? It is spring loaded right? Cos I sometimes forget that especially since my old cart.

Even if a MicroSD isn't in the Acekard, the DS will detect the card if its in the DS.

But if you try to start it, Acekard will just freeze saying "Loading" on the bottom screen.

EDIT: BTW, I'm playing on a DS Lite.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
give this a read: http://gbatemp.net/topic/285787-your-ak2i-is-defective-or-dead-send-to-us-we-will-replace-it/

also, all legit acekard have a 1 yr warranty. if your reseller won't refund your money, please first tell us who they are so we can all avoid them, and second try [email protected]. they may respond and offer you a replacement.

for the paper trick, use a very thin bit of magazine paper. slide it under the pcb between the shell and the back side of the pcb. this will be enough to make contact. if it still doesn't work after that your card might actually have been DOA, but i would recommend that you further debug by trying it in a dslite. the lite seems to have a tighter slot (insert jokes here) than the phat, xl, dsi, and 3ds.

-another world

Acenima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
give this a read: http://gbatemp.net/t...ill-replace-it/

also, all legit acekard have a 1 yr warranty. if your reseller won't refund your money, please first tell us who they are so we can all avoid them, and second try [email protected]. they may respond and offer you a replacement.

for the paper trick, use a very thin bit of magazine paper. slide it under the pcb between the shell and the back side of the pcb. this will be enough to make contact. if it still doesn't work after that your card might actually have been DOA, but i would recommend that you further debug by trying it in a dslite. the lite seems to have a tighter slot (insert jokes here) than the phat, xl, dsi, and 3ds.

-another world
sorry for late reply, but I received it from dscartshop and tried it on a dslite and it didnt work. I tried slipping thin paper under the contact part but that didnt work. Its too much trouble sending it back. The customer service was horrible so im never buying from them again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)