New 3ds xl wont turn on.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by reminon, Jul 6, 2016.

1. reminon
    OP

reminon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Replaced the mobo in a bricked new 3ds xl...before the mobo was replaced, the power led would light up blue and just not do anything else. Now however, it won't turn on...I can get the charge led to work, and the only signs of life it shows is when I plug it up...and put the battery in, after that I press power and the power led briefly and faintly blinks red for a fraction of a second as if its not gettokng enough power before going dark again. Many thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

2. y0shim@ri0

y0shim@ri0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2012
    United States
    Sorry if this sounds insulting, but did the mobo you put in actually work in the first place? And did you hook up all the cables? that happens sometimes with my 3ds, even when booting with only the battery hooked up.

3. reminon
    OP

reminon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    It did work beforehand, and I double checked the cables. Even putting the old mobo back in brings the same results

4. y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2012
    United States
    Then, im willing to guess that one of your hardware ribbon cables might be missing a bit of the gold plating on them, causing the system to thing that the hardware isnt there, and do that. Does the speakers make a small pop sound on boot?

5. reminon
    OP

reminon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Nothing, only the quick flash of the power led, which is barely visible.

6. y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2012
    United States
    K, then try this to see if its hardware: unhook it from everything, then put the battery on the contacts, and press the power button. if all goes well, youll see the blue led for a couple seconds, and then automatically shut off. if you need a photo, i can provide one
    EDIT: Also, it wont shut off after a millisecond as you describe, itl be on for about 2-3 seconds

Last edited by y0shim@ri0, Jul 6, 2016
  7. reminon
    OP

reminon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    The unhook in part I'll have to wait a little while on, as I'm heading to work, but I don't know how else to describe the quickness that it currently flashes the led. It's red, very dim, and flashes so quickly it's barely noticeable at first.

8. y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2012
    United States
    record a video when you have time, take your time.

9. reminon
    OP

reminon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Pm'd

10. democracy

democracy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    Did you also replace the power supply board as well? Yes, I did get it fixed, I had to replace the power board and a blown fuse near the charging port.

11. reminon
    OP

reminon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Was your battery ok?