New 3DS XL randomly freezes?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Awesomekid956000, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Awesomekid956000
    OP

Awesomekid956000 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2017
    United States
    My 3ds just one day starts showing me an error message "unable to mount CTRnand" or something like that. I sometimes get it to work by loading godmode9, or the little screen by holding select on startup. It mainly boots when it feels like through one of the methods but it gives me one of 3 things, it boots up normally and freezes at some point randomly, it turns on but doesn't boot to the menu as a black screen, or it turns on the blue light turns back off. Idk what it means, I hear it's a brick, but if I'm booting into my homescreen sometimes, what does that mean? Any help is appreciated

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
  3. Awesomekid956000
    OP

Jun 7, 2017
    United States
    How do I go about asking up myy contents, like backing it up into nand format, or in some other way?

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Just copy and paste all the contents off the sd card onto a computer, and then use guiformat to format the card and run the test with h2testw.

5. Awesomekid956000
    OP

Jun 7, 2017
    United States
    Ok thanks, I'll do it and post he results when I get home

6. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Remeber to copy hidden files too!

7. Awesomekid956000
    OP

Jun 7, 2017
    United States
    So funny story, I forgot to do the check today, but what I did was since my case was loose, I pulled out the SD card, wiped it off, then put it back in and everything worked just fine, haven't had a problem since. Idk what I did, but I'll still try to do the checkup later

MUDD_BR likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted