TechAndrew

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I have recently gotten a spare N3DS XL motherboard. In order to test it, I had to swap the motherboard. Everything worked as expected. So, I swapped to the original motherboard. However, for some unknown reason, every time I press the Power Button, NOTHING (literally) happens.

No lights, no popping; nothing. If I plug the AC Adapter in (the Charging LED turns on) and then press the Power Button, the Charging LED turns off and the Power LED turns on simultaneously for a split second, and it continues with a constant Charging LED.

I also discovered that one of the connectors for the screens on the motherboard has bent pins on the inside. Luckily, the bent pins belong to the side NOT touching the ribbon cable's contacts, so they simply have to be removed. The bent pins are blocking the connector, and I don't have the necessary tools nor steady hands to get rid of them. I hope the bent pins didn't short out and damage any other components.

It seems as if the board that the battery connects to is somehow no longer working...

I am completely puzzled by how the N3DS XL ended up like this, as this is something I had never dealt with, when working inside 3DS's...

Is there anyone who I'm able to send the N3DS XL to and get it restored to its original working condition? I had already tried cleaning all of the ribbon cables' ends and doing as much as I can, but the results are still the same.

Thanks,
TechAndrew

Last edited by TechAndrew,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool