Hacking New 3DS XL firmware in stores now?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I'm going to follow this guide and then backup my NAND.
I'm totally new to 3DS, but familiar with Wii/WiiU homebrew. Do I need to block updates and stay on 11.3 forever?
Once you have B9S and Luma3DS installed, it will be safe to update. Make sure you follow the guide exactly and all the way to the end.

Reactions: yahoo

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yup, I'm going to follow this guide and then backup my NAND.
I'm totally new to 3DS, but familiar with Wii/WiiU homebrew. Do I need to block updates and stay on 11.3 forever?
No, part of the guide is to update. Once you have b9s you can continue updating (but check to make sure Luma still works and doesn't need an update before doing so).
Edit: oops didn't see the reply above me

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have B9S and Luma3DS installed, it will be safe to update. Make sure you follow the guide exactly and all the way to the end.

No, part of the guide is to update. Once you have b9s you can continue updating (but check to make sure Luma still works and doesn't need an update before doing so).
Edit: oops didn't see the reply above me

Well, I did everything in the guide, even dumped OTP, except upgrading from 11.3 to 11.4. Is there any problem with me staying on 11.3?

SpoonThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a new N3DSXL Galaxy on 06/17 that was on 11.3 from my small-ish city Big Box store. There were only a few black and one other Galaxy left in the display case if memory serves.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a new N3DSXL Galaxy on 06/17 that was on 11.3 from my small-ish city Big Box store. There were only a few black and one other Galaxy left in the display case if memory serves.
Nice. Seems like we're catching the last wave of easily hackable 3dses (with currently public exploits).

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any problem with me staying on 11.3?

Not exactly except if you want to play most recent games (like Fire Emblem or Pokemon). Newer games would require you to be on the latest firmware available to boot, but not all the games make this a requirement...yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee