New 3DS XL backplate

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by m00k00, Jan 29, 2016.

1. m00k00
    OP

m00k00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey peeps.

I'm based in the EU and i'm currently looking into getting a new backplate for my new 3DS XL. Unfortunately, you cannot buy it from Ninty in the EU ... they will only sell it in the US-based Ninty Online Shop ... and they refuse to ship to Europe and they even refuse european creditcards ... i've tried all that already. Do you have any idea where i could get this thingy from? I don't want to ship the whole console to Ninty just because of a small broken plastic part.

I'm thankfull for every hint you could offer to me.

Thanks and best regards

2. mediabob

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    EBay? Possibly Amazon?

3. m00k00
    OP

m00k00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No chance there, unfortunately ... i've checked it all ;/

4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    I contacted Nintendo Europe about this a few months ago (the plastic on my backplate split at one of the screw holes and the screw fell out). They said they had no current plans to sell them in the EU, but to contact them again after a month or so to see if their plans had changed.
    I'd urge anyone requiring a new n3ds xl backplate to contact Nintendo - the more requests they get, the more likely it is we'll get them made available to us.

5. m00k00
    OP

m00k00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Contacted them twice already. They did not want to help at all. Very bad customer support that is :(

[EDIT]
    Seems like i was more lucky today ... found one at eBay in the USA finally: http://www.ebay.com/itm/231638659670

Round about 25$ is still very expensive for this little piece of plastic, but at least i can keep the device and repair it myself now :)

Last edited by m00k00, Jan 29, 2016