Homebrew New 3DS SNES edition homebrew

HighFlyingBird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just preordered a SNES edition 3DS and was wondering how easy it'll likely be that you'll be able to make it tun homebrew and roms?

I have a 3DS already that runs Roms has the SD card with all the relevant stuff on it.

Would it be as simple as putting that card into the new one and that's it? Or would I need to do something else?

Sorry for the noob question but I bought my 3DS already like that, I never done it myself

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you cannot simply put the SD Card. Copy the contents first, format, then let the N3DS make its system files. Then copy homebrew files back, NOT SYSTEM FILES.

UltraArceus3

Living Specimen roaming the Third Dimension
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've just preordered a SNES edition 3DS and was wondering how easy it'll likely be that you'll be able to make it tun homebrew and roms?

I have a 3DS already that runs Roms has the SD card with all the relevant stuff on it.

Would it be as simple as putting that card into the new one and that's it? Or would I need to do something else?

Sorry for the noob question but I bought my 3DS already like that, I never done it myself
You'd probably need to install the app (RPG Maker, OOT, Subwars) necessary for the exploit. And then, you can do the necessary steps and you'll have homebrew. (You can also do a System Transfer, which will be, like you said, as easy as putting in the SD Card...)

HighFlyingBird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'd probably need to install the app (RPG Maker, OOT, Subwars) necessary for the exploit. And then, you can do the necessary steps and you'll have homebrew. (You can also do a System Transfer, which will be, like you said, as easy as putting in the SD Card...)
So if I just carried out a system transfer from my current homebrewed system to the new one, then inserted the sd card into the new system, that would work?

HighFlyingBird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have either of those on my current system. Sorry, I just don't know how to do it.

Is their a step by step anywhere?
Yup. It works like you're using the same system.
That's seems simple enough... I take it though, it will matter what firmware the g
Yup. It works like you're using the same system.

That seems simple enough then... I take it though, that it will depend on what firmware the new 3DS comes installed with?

HighFlyingBird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have any buttons next to your L or R button?
Yeah I have two on the left and two the right, it's a "new" 3DS model with the changeable face plates, not an XL one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

system version and also luma version

Luma version 8.1.1 stable
FBI version 2.4.10
System firmware 11.5.0-38E

Is that what you mean?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be able to set up a game exploit on the 3DS you already have and system transfer it to the new one, but I'd be very surprised if you couldn't use ntrboothax on it. You may have to buy a flashcart but it's probably an easier route than system transfer.

HighFlyingBird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might be able to set up a game exploit on the 3DS you already have and system transfer it to the new one, but I'd be very surprised if you couldn't use ntrboothax on it. You may have to buy a flashcart but it's probably an easier route than system transfer.
The one I have is already set up for homebrew and roms, I've been advised above that I could just transfer that system to the new one?

But someone said stop and asked what system I was using and what version which I've said but he's not responded yet

I don't know what ntrboothax is as I never hacked my 3DS, I bought it like that already

HighFlyingBird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
use either:

https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

or

https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware)

be carefull and read everything and dont skip steps!
Thanks for this... will my Luna version and system version not just transfer over then?

That seems like it would be the simplest way for me if that's possible to do

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for this... will my Luna version and system version not just transfer over then?

That seems like it would be the simplest way for me if that's possible to do
Looking at that guide, it doesn't look as simple as just doing a system transfer, I'll need a flash cart as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Although expensive Florida meth can rot the brightest of minds
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol qbits almost taking a
    full gb of ram usage
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After taxes enough for one meth pipe
    +1
    About 4K a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that'll probably double within a year att?
    Well 4K then bonus and stuff lol
    Ken no I will be working for Satan.... Spectrum AKA Comcast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back
    +1
    But 10 bucks a month for phone and 1Gbps internet and make like 4K+ a month... I will work for the devil lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But 10 bucks a month for phone and 1Gbps internet and make like 4K+ a month... I will work for...