OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
answers.unity.com
XP
Country
Canada
So yesterday i received the full housing that i bought off of eBay + plus buttons to fit with it the full housing is good and all but after switching to the new housing the 3DS doesn't boot up anymore, the 3DS does a pop noise and the lower screen flash's before shutting down, so i tried to unplug the speaker and now the pop noise doesn't appear anymore + the lower screen doesn't flash anymore but it still doesn't boot up the blue light turns on, the screen stays dark and it shuts down, it might be because i had to repeatedly open and close the upper screen and removed back and fort the ribbons going from the upper screen to the board... i had a hard time there, if someone could help me resolve this problem that would be very appreciated, thank you in advance.

Jayzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
answers.unity.com
XP
Country
Canada
First thing I suggest is double checking if you got everything attached properly.
Second thing would be to check any cable for damage.
that's what i did, but i can't really see any damage to the cables and i pretty sure that everything is plugged in properly, next thing i'm thinking of trying is to just completely unplug all the ribbons from the upper screen and see if it boots up

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If everything is connected correctly, it should bootup without any problems.

I just realized that the 3DS has a magnetic part near the ABXY buttons.
You sure that's not in contact with anything metal/magnetic?

Jayzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
answers.unity.com
XP
Country
Canada
If everything is connected correctly, it should bootup without any problems.

I just realized that the 3DS has a magnetic part near the ABXY buttons.
You sure that's not in contact with anything metal/magnetic?
i don't see any, but its highly possible that the ribbons from the upper screen is damaged, i still haven't opened the upper screen to check it out and i still haven't tried to see if unplugging the Wi-Fi card could do anything

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take out the battery. Take out the SD card. Let the 3DS fully discharge for a while. Put battery back in but not the SD card. Turn on 3DS and press/hold A+R(shoulder)+L(shoulder)+Up(DPad) to go into safe mode. Let us know if both screens turn on at that point.

A way to tell if your upper screen cable is broken is after unplugging the audio flex cable, if you flip the lid and the 3DS instantly turns off you have a break.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Jayzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
answers.unity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, I'm out of ideas unfortunately.
Will watch this thread to see how it plays out.

Good luck OP!
I'll probably figure it out on my own as i have a general idea on why its not working, but it could also be something else than what i am thinking, you never know :unsure:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Take out the battery. Take out the SD card. Let the 3DS fully discharge for a while. Put battery back in but not the SD card. Turn on 3DS and press/hold A+R(shoulder)+L(shoulder)+Up(DPad) to go into safe mode. Let us know if both screens turn on at that point.

A way to tell if your upper screen cable is broken is after unplugging the audio flex cable, if you flip the lid and the 3DS instantly turns off you have a break.
it doesn't even go into safe mode, the screens don't even turn on and it takes a second before it shuts down (haven't waited till the battery discharge as there is no way to discharge the battery)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't even go into safe mode, the screens don't even turn on and it takes a second before it shuts down (haven't waited till the battery discharge as there is no way to discharge the battery)

Not discharge the battery. Discharge the 3DS itself of any residue charge.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can think of is that the 3DS will refuse to boot up without that speaker flex cable attached in, and you can't use your current one due to it being deemed broken from the popping noise. This is true for the LCDs, WiFi, and camera cables, not entirely sure if the same holds true for the the speaker.

Jayzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
answers.unity.com
XP
Country
Canada
The only thing I can think of is that the 3DS will refuse to boot up without that speaker flex cable attached in, and you can't use your current one due to it being deemed broken from the popping noise. This is true for the LCDs, WiFi, and camera cables, not entirely sure if the same holds true for the the speaker.
well the only way to figure it out is to buy a new part, thanks for the answer that might be reason why, I'll tell you if that works.

Last edited by Jayzy,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded