1. Tonzz

OP Tonzz Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hey, not sure if this is the right area to ask a question like this, if not please inform me.

I'm currently in a bit of a situation with my new 3ds home button, the connector and pads have been ripped off by previous owner. I've thought of 2 possible ways to fix this, the first being soldering to a different point on the motherboard and the other being something on my 3ds that uses button combos like select and left d-pad to simulate a home button press. i have looked alot for a solution somehwere but have had no luck, so if anyone here can give me any information that could help me then it would be greatly appreciated.

I am running a New 3DS with Sys 11.10.0-43E im guessing there is a more updated version at this point since i havent updated in a while but ill probably update withing the next day or 2 if there is any.

Thanks in advance

2. Tonzz

OP Tonzz Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    The pads where i would put it are ripped off (the two that arent ground anyway)

3. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Take a look at the n3DSXL motherboard's (POWER) (HOME) connector in step 14.
    If this is anything like on the n3DS, the three (3) leads on the right looks to share a common node.

n3DSXL_power_button_nodes.png

Are you familiar with the scratch and probe technique when looking for any leftover copper traces that might have survived the damage? Post a picture of the lifted copper pad so we can assess the severity.

Edit - Meant to say (HOME), not (POWER).

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Tonzz

OP Tonzz Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    In the image ive sent youll be able to see that the top pad is completly gone and there is a bit left on the bottom one ive tried to solder it a few times but its too small for me to solder. The mic will be easy for me to solder to as ive done it before but removed it in case i damaged anything while i was messing with the home button.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i was looking at the capacitors(i think they are capacitors anyway) in the picture of the n3ds xl and i recognized them, if youll look at the photo connected youll see something similar. Turns out a continuity test confirms that its connected of anything inside the red box. Now i could solder to this but these capacitors are tiny and i dont know if i might knock them out of place.

Attached Files:

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  5. Tonzz

OP Tonzz Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    UPDATE: ive managed to solder to it and its now working well thanks for the help.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Button, Broken,