Hardware New 3DS: Custom Faceplates?

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know anyplace with a custom faceplate service? I just did a bit of googling and can’t seem to find anything good.
If you yourself can create a custom faceplate, then tell me a price and I’ll most likely pay you if the price is reasonable.
I need to see some proof that you can produce one of high quality tho.

Last edited by Pokem,

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aliexpress sells plain white ones you could print on. They're thick and cause it to heat up though.

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since those decals are vinyl stickers that go on the cover plate, one COULD buy a bunch of plain white cover plates and stick those stickers onto them, but I can probably see a few issues: price and applying them to the cover plates. It could add up pretty quickly, since you have to buy both the decals AND the cover plates, and then you probably need steady hands to apply the decals on right.

Basically, probably not recommended, but such DIY methods might be the closest we can get to actual custom face plates. There used to be an Etsy store that did actual custom face plates (as in, they printed custom images onto a plain white cover plate set), apparently, but when I looked, it looks like they're gone.

Last edited by Steel-Winged_Pegasus,

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since those decals are vinyl stickers that go on the cover plate, one COULD buy a bunch of plain white cover plates and stick those stickers onto them, but I can probably see a few issues: price and applying them to the cover plates. It could add up pretty quickly, since you have to buy both the decals AND the cover plates, and then you probably need steady hands to apply the decals on right.

Basically, probably not recommended, but such DIY methods might be the closest we can get to actual custom face plates. There used to be an Etsy store that did actual custom face plates (as in, they printed custom images onto a plain white cover plate set), apparently, but when I looked, it looks like they're gone.
sad times.
I guess I'll stick with some pre-made ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs