Homebrew New 3ds A9lh 2.1

viv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm about to install A9lh on my New 3ds xl and noticed the download links for the 2.1 ctrtransfer files are down. I hacked my old 3ds a couple of months ago and still have the 2.1 files from that. Can I use those on my New 3ds or have some changes been made to enable it to work on New 3ds

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to install A9lh on my New 3ds xl and noticed the download links for the 2.1 ctrtransfer files are down. I hacked my old 3ds a couple of months ago and still have the 2.1 files from that. Can I use those on my New 3ds or have some changes been made to enable it to work on New 3ds
I believe they're the exact same, but i wouldnt risk it.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
N3ds never had 2.1 so the same files are used - i'm 99.999% sure - after all there are only 3 magnet links depending on region only right. i'm not liable for any bricks tho :0)

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe they're the exact same, but i wouldnt risk it.
They have to be the same, it's a NAND backup of 2.1.0 without console specific files(other than being region specific). I used the same ctrtranfer 2.1.0 file I downloaded a couple months ago to install A9LH on my brother O3DS a couple weeks back, worked fine.

ven0m23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they will work but if you put your new 3ds in sleep mode "closing the lid of your 3ds" while on 2.1 version it will brick and you will have to get a hard mod to fix it so just dont go afk when installing cfw just do it and then after you restore your nand to the nand you hade before you should be fine

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it took me 10 to 15 mins to install cfw on my new 3ds xl with safe hax and fast hax so it shouldnt take long :)

Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol