New 2ds xl separate screen adjustment

Vahe61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hello dear friends. Got a new unused 2ds xl directly from japan. So happy. Installed Luma3ds homebrew, godmode9 and Luma Locale Switcher to bypass region locks. And finally playing my favorite JRPG's. My only problem was that the bottom screen is too bright and there is no option to set different brightness levels for each screen. So I've CTR redshift already installed and changing bottom screen brightness from rosalina menu, it works ok, but when I close the console it resets the brightness so I have to set it each time I open 2ds xl. It is possible acording to the thread it somehow can save changes to NAND. I have N3DS_redshift_boot.firm in my SD/luma/payloads folder. And booting via pressing start when turning on the colsole. But cannot save changes permanently please help. thank you so much in advance!

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello dear friends. Got a new unused 2ds xl directly from japan. So happy. Installed Luma3ds homebrew, godmode9 and Luma Locale Switcher to bypass region locks. And finally playing my favorite JRPG's. My only problem was that the bottom screen is too bright and there is no option to set different brightness levels for each screen. So I've CTR redshift already installed and changing bottom screen brightness from rosalina menu, it works ok, but when I close the console it resets the brightness so I have to set it each time I open 2ds xl. It is possible acording to the thread it somehow can save changes to NAND. I have N3DS_redshift_boot.firm in my SD/luma/payloads folder. And booting via pressing start when turning on the colsole. But cannot save changes permanently please help. thank you so much in advance!
Have you tried storing it on the nand? Lookup how to boot without sd card.

Vahe61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Thank you for your respond. You mean storing the N3DS_redshift_boot.firm file?
How to do that, via godmode9 unlocked NAND writng mode?

Vahe61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Ok, I also found boot.firm file there is there ok to leave it there. Then I will have both files boot.firm nad N3DS_redshift_boot.firm in SYSNAND CTRNAND location

Vahe61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
I did. Booted it directly from NAND using fastboot 3ds. Same thing. it resets the brightness when i close and poen the 2ds xl (
i catched this from original thread
Permanent brightness recalibration:
  • Recalibration is applied for 3DS, DS/i and GBA modes
  • Accessible from System Configuration sub menu
  • Edit the values behind the 5 selectable brightness levels
  • Changes are saved to NAND so use sparingly to avoid wearing out the memory
  • Upper limit of 172 is found in code so it is presumed to be safe but may reduce LCD lifespan

Vahe61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
You can just replace the fastboot.firm with luma, so that will reset when your screen re-initializes. try this:
https://gbatemp.net/download/luma-10-2-1-with-night-light-and-quick-switchers.35619/
yes. I installed boot9strap again using openFirminstaller now it works normal like before. And about that thread. i installed Luma 10.2.1 with Night/light and Quick switchers and there is change screen brightness option in rosalina menu where I can set different brightness levels for each screen, but each time I close and open the console it reverts to default(. Cannot get separate brightness settings permanently applied.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. I installed boot9strap again using openFirminstaller now it works normal like before. And about that thread. i installed Luma 10.2.1 with Night/light and Quick switchers and there is change screen brightness option in rosalina menu where I can set different brightness levels for each screen, but each time I close and open the console it reverts to default(. Cannot get separate brightness settings permanently applied.

Access Night/Light Config and Edit Filters via Screen filters menu. Config saved in "/luma/" as "configBootshift.bin", "lightshift.bin" and "nightshift.bin".

Vahe61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Access Night/Light Config and Edit Filters via Screen filters menu. Config saved in "/luma/" as "configBootshift.bin", "lightshift.bin" and "nightshift.bin".
Exactly. I have changed the brightness from there too. Now I have "lightshift.bin" and "nightshift.bin" files im ny SD/luma folder, but each time I reopen 2ds xl it goes to default. Cannot get NightLight filter reapplyed after awake. And I dont have configBootshift.bin file in my luma folder

Vahe61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Exactly. I have changed the brightness from there too. Now I have "lightshift.bin" and "nightshift.bin" files im ny SD/luma folder, but each time I reopen 2ds xl it goes to default. Cannot get NightLight filter reapplyed after awake. And I dont have configBootshift.bin file in my luma folder
Oh now it works. I just didn't press start and didn't save the "configBootshift.bin" file to the luma folder as i did for other two files, "lightshift.bin" and "nightshift.bin". I must have done that 3 times for each. It works now. The custom bottom screen brightness level is reapplyed when I open the system thank you so much! Cant thank you enough!

Reactions: laramie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all