Hardware New 2DS XL Clicks and then Automatically Shuts Off

nautilus494

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few months ago I put my New 2DS XL on my table for a few days, not using it, and it was perfectly safe, but when I tried using it a few days later, it wouldn't turn on. All that would happen would the light would turn blue for a few minutes, a click noise would (usually) happen, and then the light would go away, signifying the system shut down. No other sound, no screens, nothing. I tried charging, didn't do anything, I looked inside my New 2DS (which required drilling carefully as the screws were deep and degraded) and replaced the battery, and the issue still occured. I am positively stumped as to what the issue is, if anyone has any clues I would appreciate it a lot.

note: I don't think it's software based, I do have bootstrap on my 2DS, put on by a flashcart, but others I've talked to disregarded that possibility as bootstrap can't do that.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This usually means that there is a problem with one of the important components that should be connected to the 2DS, like the displays. If you are still able to open the 2DS, look inside for any visible damage on the ribbon cables. Reconnecting some of the cables could help too, but be careful, it's easy to break the ribbon cables and the connectors.

Reactions: fmkid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1