New 2ds xl 11.6.039E

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BarryC1982, Nov 7, 2018.

1. BarryC1982
    OP

BarryC1982 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi All, i just got myself a new 2ds xl running firmware 11.6.039E. I plan to get it on cfw. Do i need to update it to the latest firmware? I been trying to read up the instructions but i am very confused where to start with all the available methods. I have read up the new method, frogminer, is that the best one to use? I dont have a flash cart either. Thanks a lot for your help

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    If you are already above 11.3, you can update. If you don't have a flashcard, frogminer is the only software option right now (and maybe for ever).

3. BarryC1982
    OP

BarryC1982 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Kubas_inko, does frogminer work on Eur consoles? I will give it a try later. Reading the threads i will need to seek help with my Ido and friend code

4. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    yes it does.

5. BarryC1982
    OP

BarryC1982 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi Kubas, i will update to latest firmware and then use the frogminer guide. Thanks.
    Do i use the brute force website (from the frogminer guide) or ask here for help with the moveable.sed file? Thanks

6. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Depends on you. Idk how the website works, so asking someone might be faster.

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Nov 7, 2018
    BarryC1982 likes this.
  7. xclydex

xclydex Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2018
    Ireland
    Just use the website. It's very quick

BarryC1982 likes this.
  8. BarryC1982
    OP

BarryC1982 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for your help i managed to follow the guide and got the 2ds with all the apps on. Thanks :)