New 2DS Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zerius, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Zerius
    OP

Zerius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    New Donk City
    Sorry if this is really stupid but i'm just curious what the best settings are for luma V9 configuration
    I currently only have "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" ticked but i know that the New 2ds and i'm just wondering if i should change the setting on the Cpu option
    on my New 3ds i have it on "Clock+L2" im just curious what the best config is.

once again im very sorry if this is just a waste of time or something but i've been out of Ds modding for a while cause i've only really been playing my switch recently.

2. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    You can enable the clock+l2 for better performance in some games. Otherwise you shouldn't enable anything unless you need that specific feature.

3. Zerius
    OP

Zerius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    New Donk City
    Thanks that makes sense
    if i see any issues i guess i should disable it i noticed that was in the notes on the bottom screen while hovering over the option for Clock+L2

4. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    If you want to see a big difference, download Rayman 3D. Try it with 804mhz +L2 cache, then try it with that disabled. You will see a huge difference in performance. I keep it enabled for games such as this. Keep in mind, there are some games, though very few, that will crash in multiplayer due to both 3ds consoles loading at different speeds. The only game I've seen it happen with is Mario party star rush, but it could be more.

5. Zerius
    OP

Zerius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    New Donk City
    Ahhh okay thanks for the information

i don't think ill really get effected by those since all i really play on my console's is pokemon
    i don't really bother with the other games just a select few like mario bros mario maker and a few others
    and they seem to still work fine for me

Giodude likes this.
  6. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Well the performance boost is pretty noticeable in gen 6. Turn on 3D in a battle and see what i mean.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice