New: 1461 - Card Captor Sakura - Card Friends (J)

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone puts down Jap games just casue they can't read it....when they make the best ones. I would check it out but dling 64 games at the moment
wink.gif
Agree with you, even through i can't read a single character of japanese, there are so many games i want to play which is only in Japanese....(grasps thin air) so much to play, so less skills in language...
hm... i would not say this.

i mean, i speak swiss german, german, french, english and a bit of italian. that's already more than many other people know and still, japanese puts me into troubles. it's just a language completly different from western languages. if you know one of those languages you can guess at others but it won't help you at eastrn languages.
Yeah, but what's really cool about it, is that you can (PRACTICLY) mumble a pack of words together, and it SHOULD make sense.

Yukiko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
redwine.reset.at
XP
Country
Canada
I've been playing it and so far it's really rather fun, especially since I'm a huge CCS fan!
smile.gif

Çѱ¹ºÐµéµµ °Ô½Ã³×¿ä...Çѱ¹¸»·Î´Â »¡¸® ŸÀÙÀ× Àß ‘¢ÇØ¿ä...^^;;

Wowie, that must've taken at least 5 minutes to type --; I'm not sure if I spelled that "typing" part right...I'm quite certain it's wrong, but heh
tongue.gif

Anyways, X_Comp is right, Japanese isn't *that* hard to learn...although, Kanji isn't as easy as Hiragana or Katakana! xD

?????!

Z

zurcn

I remember I found some, I even had JquickTrans (a jap dictionary progrm) but I put my plans of learning on hold(quitted) cause of the damned Kanji

there're like 1000 of them, with at least two diferent ways to read each
(I get the felling that you have any experience with them you can guess what they mean by the way they're formed, but that doesn't aply to the reading)

(did you know ToKyo(toukyo) and Kyoto(kyotou) are written with the same two kanji in the oposite order and both mean Capital of the East(east capital) can't remember if it's tou or kyo for capitaleast, can't remember also which kanji is each so if I saw Kyoto in Kanji I would probably read Tokyo:unsure: )(just ignore me)

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
There are more than a 1000 kanji. There are about 1500 in common use in Japan, but if you're a doctor, lawyer, etc. there are more to learn for specialization. Unusual kanji (for normal people) are usually spelled out on TV, books, etc in everyday media.

Kanji are hard, but there's a lot of English phrases in Japanese - Asian people learning Japanese find the kanji easy (much to our chagrin), but we know the English phrases and can make sense of them and remember them much more easily than native English speakers. Jlist had a few of these up there; charm point for example.

There's no website for learning Japanese. You can't learn a language from a website. A language is almost a relationship between a speaker and a listener (or writer and reader). You can pick up elements, you can reinforce some concepts by looking at websites, but nothing beats a native speaker for learning. If you're not in college, go to a community school and learn it. Pick up a Japanese boyfriend or girlfriend (it's what I did, best (most fun!) way to learn Japanese, I say).

If you have a passion for the subject, you'll want to do it, even if kanji are hard.

Also, zucrn, you're wrong. The Kyou in Kyouto and Toukyou are the same, but the tou is not. It's Tou in toukyou and to and Kyouto, and they are different kanji. The Kyou in Toukyou is capital and To is east.
µþÅÔ

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been playing it and so far it's really rather fun, especially since I'm a huge CCS fan!
smile.gif

Çѱ¹ºÐµéµµ °Ô½Ã³×¿ä...Çѱ¹¸»·Î´Â »¡¸® ŸÀÙÀ× Àß ?¤±¤Ç¤¸ÇØ¿ä...^^;;

Wowie, that must've taken at least 5 minutes to type --; I'm not sure if I spelled that "typing" part right...I'm quite certain it's wrong, but heh
tongue.gif

Anyways, X_Comp is right, Japanese isn't *that* hard to learn...although, Kanji isn't as easy as Hiragana or Katakana! xD

ª¬ªóªÐªÃªÆ!
Welcome to GBATemp, Yuhiko! Çѱػç¶÷À̼¼¿ä? I'm just curious... do Korean students still use a lot of Hanja today? If so, then learning Japanese shouldn't be too hard. I do know that a lot of Hanja just like Japanese Kanji have different meanings to their Chinese counterparts, though.

QUOTE(dotKite @ Apr 25 2004, 04:17 PM)I want to learn Japanese so I can play the games... Any websites for learning it?
You could try Japanese Online. It's a pretty good website and has a very helpful forum too. You'll find people who are learning Japanese and Japanese who are learning English.

As for Kanji, knowing a background language such as Chinese does help. It maybe hard for Westerners but I've seen many people in the forum I mentioned above becoming good at it as they kept at it. Once you stop using it for a while, you just start forgetting so you have to keep in practice once you've got the hang of it.

Yukiko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
redwine.reset.at
XP
Country
Canada
smile.gif

Çѱ¹ºÐµéµµ °Ô½Ã³×¿ä...Çѱ¹¸»·Î´Â »¡¸® ŸÀÙÀ× Àß ?¤±¤Ç¤¸ÇØ¿ä...^^;;

tongue.gif

ª¬ªóªÐªÃªÆ!
Welcome to GBATemp, Yuhiko! Çѱػç¶÷À̼¼¿ä? I'm just curious... do Korean students still use a lot of Hanja today? If so, then learning Japanese shouldn't be too hard. I do know that a lot of Hanja just like Japanese Kanji have different meanings to their Chinese counterparts, though.

QUOTE(dotKite @ Apr 25 2004, 04:17 PM)I want to learn Japanese so I can play the games... Any websites for learning it?
You could try Japanese Online. It's a pretty good website and has a very helpful forum too. You'll find people who are learning Japanese and Japanese who are learning English.

As for Kanji, knowing a background language such as Chinese does help. It maybe hard for Westerners but I've seen many people in the forum I mentioned above becoming good at it as they kept at it. Once you stop using it for a while, you just start forgetting so you have to keep in practice once you've got the hang of it.
Thank you for the warm welcome, X_Comp~!

Yes, I'm Korean...however, I have no idea if they still use Hanja or not, since I moved to Canada in grade 4! ^^;; They used to study them as a "morning study period" back then though, so perhaps they do use them after all...I can't be certain, but I do believe there are quite a few Hanja in newspapers?
huh.gif

At any rate, it seems like CCS: Card Friends have Hiragana version of the Kanji in brackets...
biggrin.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm... that's another point. Some children's games like this either have no Kanji at all, or they have a few with the Hiragana in brackets. So, there are quite a few games you can still play without knowing too much Kanji. Just the basic Kanji such as "How are you?" or "Today" will help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/