New: 1356 - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (U)

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
i know a better place to download, i don't have to wait on irc queues if i do download
smile.gif

edit: very pointless post. i know. but i had to point out... first new rpg rom for the gba (not counting diff. regions launches) since mario & luigi superstar saga (i'm probably wrong, but up to at least sonic battle).

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Saving worked for me even without the v124 patcher... though i own a f2a and always had problems with saving.
Nice Game... plays really nice on the gba, it played so nice that i forgot to save and some stupid spider killed me... now i have to replay a big part...
wink.gif

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
/me hugs his EZFA. No patches for me, I can save just fine.

I'm getting more into the game, and it's still pretty good. Lots of abilities and attributes to spend "points" on. I'm at level 3, and thankfully, gained levels aren't ages appart. I've been finding reasonably good weapons/armor, too. And what suprised me, is that the archer is actually pretty strong. My bow does more damage than any melee weapon I've found yet.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
this game is awesome! i only have found 1 thing to complain about... not able to see behind walls when you are behind it. it should shadefade out the wall and surrounding area when you are behind it so you can see where you are, cause some bits you can't. otherwise great controls, great graphics, sounds are nice... overall 30 minutes in... i like it very much.

T

tchung11

I just download it it, it is not bad, I am still learning the control , I use wizard, I always like wizard, just start fighter the rats, can anyone tell me how u use magic? I never download from irc too, take too long, I know a very good place to download, are we allow to give name of the web page?

LiQuid!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not seeing anything super special about it. It's a dungeon crawl button masher like the Lord of the Ring's games. Sure it's welcome, especially after this drought of games we've had recently. Though I can only take so much of these types of games.

For the record, I am one of the people who enjoyed the console version of this game emmensely. Me and a friend played through it together a few times and had a great time. This one doesn't seem to support multiplayer though.

Overall, not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, I just don't understand the hype. Are you guys that hard pressed for games?
tongue.gif

Selvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The main character's voice, or atleast grunts and other such noises made when attacking, are definatly identical to none other than Minsc of Baldur's Gate II, for PC. I've only just played through the sewers and the game seems good so far. The graphics are nice, animations are smooth and sound effects seem to be directly taken from the other console Dark Alliance games (with the exception of the grunts which are taken from Balder's Gate II
tongue.gif
). Definatly worth trying.

P.S. - much better than the lord of the rings games which i find rather . . . meh
huh.gif

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
....Well, after playing this game for about 2 to 3 hours now, I've found that it's not all THAT great. But damn addictive.

...The game gets very repetitive, and it's not anything THAT special....The graphics...I personally don't think that psuedo-3d graphics are meant to be on the gba...I'll stick to 2d...

Anyways, overall, I give this game a 3.5/5 stars...or whatever you wanna use as a rating system, lol.
It could have been better in my opinion, and I'm not all that satisfied with it...

For the record, I also chose an archer. I find them to be pretty good for the most part, and I basically use my Melee weapon more than my bow...Well, that was the case before I found a kickass bow
cool.gif
...anyways, as I said, it's not THAT great.

Out.

LiQuid!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I played a wizard, but I picked up a bow and discovered that archery is terrible in this game. You can only aim in 8 directions and you have to be lined up with monsters to hit them. Doesn't seen very practical. I guess you have to take what you can get given the limitations of the hardware and all, but I've played through this enough on the consoles, there's no reason to have to deal with it anymore.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
When you hold the button down to fire an arrow, you get a second to aim around. Takes a while to get used to, but it works rather well. As for this game, I'd say I like it because it is so much more satisfying than the LotR games. It's just way too easy to die in those, and your attacks constantly miss. It's like they start you off at level -15. This game feels much more solid though. Much better gameplay.

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I played a wizard, but I picked up a bow and discovered that archery is terrible in this game. You can only aim in 8 directions and you have to be lined up with monsters to hit them. Doesn't seen very practical. I guess you have to take what you can get given the limitations of the hardware and all, but I've played through this enough on the consoles, there's no reason to have to deal with it anymore.
try spending a level up coin on your accuracy..a.fter you do that a red line will show you where you are aiming at, and you will be much more accurate and be able to aim in much more than 8 directions....also this game in my opinion puts all of the lord of the rings games for the gba to shame (well two towers and ROTK anyway...I didn't like the first one) I wish there was sound though (as in background music...more than the same eerie sound you hear when you are in a new area). great game so far.

psxer2600

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game has a major flaw - if you walk into an area and a monster approaches you, they will only follow a short distance. When you go through a doorway, or sometimes just get far enough away, they just stop - like they hit an invisible wall. If you walk up to them, you can hit them with a melee weapon, but they can't hit you back. This makes the game way too easy, because all you have to do is retreat, and then hack away. It would seem to me that a problem like this would show itself during playtesting, because backing away from a monster is a normal thing, not some weird situation that they wouldn't have tried when testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ