New: 1338 - Need for Speed: Underground (U)

ronin_in_tears

.:|pr0n$t4r|:.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
sweet jesus, that's one kick @$$ review you made there shaun
smile.gif
kudos.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm interesting form what I've played the game does seem quite good and is probably the best racer on the GBA (although saying that this is not exactly a hard thing to achieve...). I still think that these sort of ambitious, OTT projects don't really suit the GBA, because usually so much is dropped, whether it be gameplay, a decent framerate or draw distance etc... thankfully NFSU doesn't seem to have any major problems nor any gameplay wrecking experiences.

p.s On the topic of NFSU, I have no idea what the fuss is about with everyone praising the console versions so greatly...they really pale in comparison to some great games like Burnout 2, which have been out for ages.

smile.gif

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, some of you people are just plain stupid to cuss the graphics of this game. Go and play it on hardware instead of a bloody pc monitor and you will find that its pretty darn good for the GBA. I cant stand people who say that games are crap when they are playing them on emulators which for the most part doesn't give any of the games on GBA the same feel as when your playing them on a real gameboy. This game is good, cracking graphics, top music and its fun to play.

Peffe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i can't do a race in the "go underground" mode !? oO the font is grey.. i could not choose it oO .. ?! help please ... ! =)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i can't do a race in the "go underground" mode !? oO the font is grey.. i could not choose it oO .. ?! help please ... ! =)
Select 'View Challenge Board', then select the person above you. Then you will challenge them. After you beat them, you can progress on like that.
smile.gif

wolfen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vmr.fcpnet.net
XP
Country
I'm playing it on a 15" monitor @ 2x and I don't think the graphics are that bad. I'd say most of you are spoilled by playing on Xboxes, Radeons 9800 and stuff.

Plus, it plays pretty well and has some very good options.

MarcosDJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay Opium, I'm not getting why I'm 'out of line' for saying this game is totally SHIT! And sorry for saying, but telling ME I'm naive sounds quite stupid for someone who wants decent and very balanced opinions on this forum, so why don't you just let me have the right to warn those innocent little children who DO want to buy the game that they're havve to be careful with their expectations.

So in brief: Me not like the game, and am very dissapointed and feel that in stead of bringing
REAL quality the marketeers want to bring in BIG dollars with LITTLE effort.

And sorry for saying but I am not offending the people here, but you are by saying I'm not wanted here. Well who is out of line I'd like to ask! JEEZ
You are an idiot, in my opinion.

See that ^, thats what you dont understand. Your first post was heavily criticized by Opium because you put it accross as fact

QUOTE said:
The game is shit!

On your second post you phrased your opinion properly:

Me not like the game, and am very dissapointed

I suggest you learn the difference between opinion and fact before trying to enforce either again.

Akiraro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My opinion changed much when I played Top Gear Rally, due to the cheer of realism and feeling of the game. But this is my worst gaming-nightmare! 
I agree with you.

I mean nobody should compare this game Graphically to the PC version or any other great looking games available on the Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox or Gamecube. The problem is that this game looks bad even for a GBA racing game.

After I've played V-Rally, MotoRacer Advance, Monster Truck Madness and Top Gear Rally for the GBA, they were all great looking game with solid gameplay so I had really high hope for this game.

The gameplay is just fine, I don't have to same fun I have with the PS2 version. Everything is way too messy so that we can actually enjoy the game. I try hard to like this game but it ain't fun on the GBA.

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
Worst Graphics Ever!!!

Neah I don't think I will be playing this crap.

The Xbox version on the other hand is just too sweet. I think it has been proven that the GBA is not a 3D hand held. a 2D NFS Underground would have been much better.

only 100000000 times better

MarcosDJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive just got around to downloading and flashing this game.

I'm impressed, and if you've heard how much I bitch about racing games then you'll know Pocketeers have done something right.

Ive only done a couple of races, and yes, the graphics are sketchy, but thats only because pocketeers have overdone the textures. Im no programmer, but if they used lower-res textures for the buildings they would actually be easier to see, maybe give them the glass wall look, like they have done with the car windows.

Anyway, the other thing that impressed me is the pretty good car driving model physics. Im a very picky bastard when it comes to driving games, but this one got it pretty good, the cars are proper, they exist in the track (finally), something i havent seen since Colin McRae rally (GBA).

I'll play this game some more

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I'm also bit disapppointed with espacially Graphics but the Cars and gameplay is good enough for me
laugh.gif

I would have loved to see Atari graphic engine for this from following:

Graphics should have been same as V-rally3 or Stuntman
I love V-rally3
wub.gif

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I remeber few months back when someone from EA mentioned that NFS:U is better than NFS:PU in terms of having more cars, customizations etc. I mean how will the NFS:PU be?

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just finally got this game and tried it out.

Music in this is IMO amazing I love the songs makes me head bob while driving.
Exactly what I listen to in my own RSX
smile.gif
If only it had the same system.

Game also is fun as hell to play, graphics yes are pixalated which i really dont like but its GBA's hardware u gotta deal with it.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, I played the game for 1,5 hours on my Gameboy Advance SP. I unlocked about 5 things! Neither gave me a feeling like: "WOW, that's great to have, I want more!" So satisfaction was very low.
And also I got severe eye strain from looking at the mosaic-like graphics. My God, what a graphic-hell. It sometimes seemed my eyes almost crossed from looking where to go. Also, just when I was getting along a bit, "BWAM" just out of nowhere I crashed into a car passing from the right, which I even didn't see coming! AAAARGH, my car totally spinned round.
Also the arrows are a true crime, and don't even resemble arrows when there further away, so you don't see which way they're pointed. And also it seems you don't have any clue how far a bend is because the depth-vision is ZERO. I played it now for a total of 2 hours and still I think it's THE ULTIMATE MEGA-CRAP!!!!!! Long live anything but NFSU!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Okay Opium, I'm not getting why I'm 'out of line' for saying this game is totally SHIT! And sorry for saying, but telling ME I'm naive sounds quite stupid for someone who wants decent and very balanced opinions on this forum, so why don't you just let me have the right to warn those innocent little children who DO want to buy the game that they're havve to be careful with their expectations.

So in brief: Me not like the game, and am very dissapointed and feel that in stead of bringing

And sorry for saying but I am not offending the people here, but you are by saying I'm not wanted here. Well who is out of line I'd like to ask! JEEZ
You are an idiot, in my opinion.

See that ^, thats what you dont understand. Your first post was heavily criticized by Opium because you put it accross as fact

QUOTE said:
The game is shit!

On your second post you phrased your opinion properly:

QUOTE said:
Me not like the game, and am very dissapointed

I suggest you learn the difference between opinion and fact before trying to enforce either again.
Thank you MarcosDJ. I couldn't have said it better myself.

now that's where your opinion lies. That statement if perfectly fine by me although i don't agree with it. It's just the rest of your posts are excessively over done and you come across as what you are saying is fact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He does always boning a Japanese coworker