esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
usually, these games are released at the same time as games of other genres, but the dumpers usually don't come around to these games until a bit later. hence, this is why we usually get a flood of cute games.

but i don't depise these games, and i dont see any reason why people should. people who plays these games usually buy them, as i can't imagine little kids and little girls buying flash carts just for these games. (apologies to all the little kids on GBAtemp!) so hey, if they spend their money to keep the developers alive while we suck at their rotten carcasses....why not?

besides, all of the girls around me love games like these.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Of course. Everyone has their own tastes after all and that's why there's so much variation in Japanese games. I think that's a really good thing though. Otherwise we'll have an endless stream of clones instead of new types of games to enjoy.

Problem is, most of the people who play ROMs around here aren't into these sort of cute games so you'll find plenty of "hate" posts here
laugh.gif

risabu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like cute-lookin' characters, but if the games/puzzles are too easy to play/solve, then i won't get this game...

Tell us what u think about this game if u played it
smile.gif
and i'll decide whether i will get this roll or not.

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually live in Japan, and yes, Cuteness rules here. Just watch Chobits. And yes, these games do sell here in Japan. The sad thing is, for every RPG released in the US, there are 100 more in Japan that aren't. Sigh, oh well. Thank god for Emulation and translations.
wow, in America if someone sees you with that then chances are your either a 3 year old girl or your gay, but your telling me those games actually sell. hmm maby i should think twice before saying i want to visit Japan, i might get overwhelmed by the cuteness lol then again Japan has alot and not just that lol just a funny sarcastic remark people on here might think i was serious lol, but man i cant believe stuff liek that sells. maby it sells cause no one once to see it on shelves when they walk in the store lol

btw whats chobits?????

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Of course. Everyone has their own tastes after all and that's why there's so much variation in Japanese games. I think that's a really good thing though. Otherwise we'll have an endless stream of clones instead of new types of games to enjoy.

Problem is, most of the people who play ROMs around here aren't into these sort of cute games so you'll find plenty of "hate" posts here
laugh.gif
exactly, you see i like rpg sorrow anguish destruction and sword fighting stuff lol to me thadt be like going form tales of destiny 2 to pwer puff girls lol

esrion

Poetic Spammer of Justice
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
ax5, you lol too much.
but before you visit japan and lol over all of the lol cuteness, think. why are you really going over there? japan isn't full of cuteness, japan IS that cuteness.
of course, anime freaks like us are shocked that chobits isn't as pervasive as we thought it was.

x_comp, do you know korean as well? i figured you knew chinese and japanese, but i didn't think you wrapped all of the east asian languages.

as for the game (which i just played in fear of becoming a hypocrite), it's by sanrio, so cuteness is its strength.
the game is constantly saving for some reason. every other screen saves.

the gameplay itself is really weird. the puzzles are more like rolls of film, and you have to move the pieces (switch them around and stuff) while they're moving, so it's very disorienting at first. it might be fun for those who enjoy new forms of puzzle games though.
it's surprising that there are number of charaters to choose from, though they all look pretty much the same to me.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ax5, you lol too much.
It must be the super hero thing
laugh.gif
(j/k)
x_comp, do you know korean as well? i figured you knew chinese and japanese, but i didn't think you wrapped all of the east asian languages.
Yes, I know Korean. I know French too because I done it during high school but pretty much forgotten all of it. Otherwise, I would add the Kanji for that in too
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Ken @ Dec 9 2003, 11:06 AM)
actually the front screen for the game looks like the little rabbit from the book Chii~ keeps reading.
happy.gif
Kind of except that rabbit wasn't as cheery looking and had droopy ears.
sleep.gif

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
btw whats chobits?????
Chobits is an anime done by Clamp (there's also a Gba game about it), and btw, you really need to watch more anime if you don't know Chobits...
ph34r.gif
who or what is clamp lol. sorry, but i dont watch much tv, im outside alot and when im inside im either watching espn or playing video games, back in the day the only anime i watched was gundam wing and dbz, if you can call that anime or whatever. if it has animation i call it a cartoon lol, but to each his own. sheesh whatever happened to good old bugs bunny lol

Emudude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clamp is an anime studio here in Japan. I believe it is completely run by women/girls. Another cuteness anime studio over here is one called Brocolli. Supra Deformed (SD) Cat-Eared female characters galore. Small Bodies, Big Heads. The Japan way of drawing kid versions of adults like the Street Fighter and Darkstalker Characters in Pocket Fighters/Super Gem Fighters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Meds time!