mole_incarnate

Watermelon!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.iinet.net.au
XP
Country
Ah how excelent. Fire Emblem is one of the best series in the world (game wise), its good to finally see one in full proper english for once.

Ill make sure to get this asap... and play it in lets see... *cries* 6 hours when I get home from work.

lum

Hunter lvl
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, y not just play with vba at work ?
tongue.gif

i don't really like tactic games, and since this one doesn't look too good, can't be bothered
huh.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I just knew that this was coming out today
biggrin.gif
I have some work i need to do but I'll download it and play it once i've got the time. Hopfully my expectations wont be disappointed
tongue.gif

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
I just finished chapter 10, or the training chapters if you will... and all I've got to say is, WOW, that's some well-polished gameplay there! It really makes you feel like you've accomplised something and I have to say I've grown fond of all of the characters. Bravo!

MeTaL MuLsH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never played the SNES games, but I enjoyed this game
smile.gif
The tutorials are kind of annoying since you can't turn them off.

I was curious what the J -> E transition would be like... Pretty average. I know this is set in the medieval times but they overused the style in the dialogue. Good news for non-Japanese speakers though since you guys can now enjoy the storyline
biggrin.gif
Yes what a day to be home sick from ...Oh ya cough cough..
tongue.gif
Anyways you can turn off the tutorial by pressing select

Angel X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have been playing this for a while now and have barely scratched the surface. Its a great game with an absorbing story, a heck of a lot more involving than FFT i dont see the prob with the graphic, i really like the style! its in my top 10 gba games
smile.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tongue.gif
Home sick? What are you on about? I'm just talking about how good the English transition is.
laugh.gif
They've lost quite a bit of the mood overusing the medieval style of talking. The Japanese version was using that style but not that much!

And thanks for the tip. Didn't know that. No use to me now but should help the others
tongue.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gee for such an anticipated title - not many comments so far...
That must mean two things

A: The game is awesome and everyones Downloading it

B: The game is disappointing and no one wants to know

smile.gif

I want to see what others think of it before i commit myself to downloading.

*goes back to play Prince Of Persia
get dsl
that way you don't have to take the time it takes with dialup? then you can download at your free will and dump them if you don't like it without thinking about how much of a waist of time it was to download
oh but i have DSL - just the queues were terrible
smile.gif

I gave it about an hour or so after it was dumped to d/l

*Is dreading too think the day Sword of Mana or Mario & Luigi get's dumped..
wacko.gif

[on-topic]
hmm ... I played a bit of this game - and .... nah - dont like the way the characters are so tiny on the battle field and then when you enter attack mode you get a side on view of both characters...
It slows the game down to a crawl - and nearly all the time they will counter attack...
It feels rather dated.
Might be because of the above mentioned....
FFTA is miles better IMHO
mellow.gif
Uh...it slows down the game?
And well, it makes sense that they counter...I mean seriously, if some guy just walked up to you and whacked you wouldn't you try and retaliate?

MeTaL MuLsH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tongue.gif
Home sick? What are you on about? I'm just talking about how good the English transition is.
laugh.gif
They've lost quite a bit of the mood overusing the medieval style of talking. The Japanese version was using that style but not that much!

And thanks for the tip. Didn't know that. No use to me now but should help the others
tongue.gif
No I ment I'm home from work sick & lucky me LOTR 3 & FE both came out to keep me occupied
smile.gif

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Great game...Advance Wars with a dash of Shining Soul. Well made and definitely in my top 10 !!!
(Just finished the tutorial campaign.
huh.gif
) Playability is way better than FFTA!
tongue.gif

khayos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just d/l'd this last night. My first impressions are quite high. I'm excited about delving further into the game. If you're a strategy lover and an RPG lover, it's worth trying out, IMO.

--Khayos--

subanark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its good, but not great. I think FFTA is a lot better, the game is just too linear for my liking. The game does not promote hard thinking and plaing like Advance Wars or have the openness of FFTA. There is not much in the way of character develoment. And finally I hate the "feature" of when an ally is defeated (s)he is gone for good.
sleep.gif

Saria

The Sage Of The Forest Temple
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uh...it slows down the game?
And well, it makes sense that they counter...I mean seriously, if some guy just walked up to you and whacked you wouldn't you try and retaliate?
yup what i meant what it slows the pace of the game in general - instead of having it real-time like tactics it switches to this side on view....

And counter attacking shouldn't be everytime - thats just annoying....
smile.gif

Vandal Hearts was the same

Dont even get me started on Vandal Hearts 2
biggrin.gif

Rath

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its good, but not great. I think FFTA is a lot better, the game is just too linear for my liking. The game does not promote hard thinking and plaing like Advance Wars or have the openness of FFTA. There is not much in the way of character develoment.
I agree, FFTA was much more open with the ability to retravel to where you had been and all the class building options. I've played up to chapter 10 and the game is still guiding me through. I don't like that. Another thing is the breaking weapons - makes sense but is plain annoying. I'm going to play it more now to see what else there is.

But on the bright side...

There's a character called Rath!!!
Ahahaha. Thank you Fire Emblem!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4