New: 1116 - CT Special Forces 2 (E)

glassCity

Trophies
Website
www.tymelyne.com
XP
Country
United States
you know, after all the fluckemon bull-isht, starvation makes it hard for me to rag this bizarro clone like i should.

-Strider Matik>

More game than Micheal Jordan at the CES

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
FUCKEN i am soo angrey everrytime i think of this game !!!!!! aRRRRRRRRRGGG!!!!
Like most arcade game fans I have played all of the metal slug game and absolutly love them. They have taken the platform game which is often dull to todays gamer and turned it into somthing new and exciting. They have amzing fast gameplay with heaps of men flying onto the screen from all over the place and amazing loud and fast weapons everyting about the game was fast exciting and completely exagurated. eg You killed big crabs and zombies, your tank could jump, the men all did very humorose thigns and had very comical expresive faces ..despite beign what appeard to be a war game it was quite often a humorous light hearted game.. the animations where incredible, very fast and very smooth. it felt so good to jsut move the man around on the screen..it was great.

When you get to the first side scrolling levle of CT you can see metal slug and you can see how theyve captured soem elements of metal slug but you cant feel it ...the animations are quite smooth, some of the drawings are similar for instance the side on drawings of the trucks and its a war game ..and you get a knife for close combat and he does that littel dance when hes on the edge of cliffs and stuff..all these thigs are very metal slug but they are not the crucial elements of metal slug that give it its major mojo. these things are little tricks to make us think its metal slug. but really after playign it for a few minutes you start to realise its slow and shit ... the weapons are crap and the handgun is a joke its so pussy...the men THEY TAKE SOO LONG TO KILL in metal slug it was a one buttlet to kill, you saw groupes of men fly onto the screen and a shower of buttlets and they would all die, you didnt really think about individual men. in CT you see a man you walk up to him and you shoot him it takes ages and this kills the arcade feel. And wheres alll the blood ....and like metal slug the animation mabey quite smooth but they are so slow. I dont even find it fun killing men. its jsut so slugish. and there is no debri from explosions ..this gmae is so sterile and boring in comparison. THIS game IS NOT METAL SLUG!!! the weapons are too realistic the whole feel is really kinda seriose . like SPLiNter cell or some shit yet they throw in these comical metal slug thigns like the dance on the edge of the cliff and its so fucken out of character of the game.....mabey the gba cant do metal slug ...well then dotn do it ..the gba is fun when people dont try too hard...meteriod fusion, mario , kuri kuri kurin, kirby ..now they are fun games the really suit the gba that have a fun adictive feel. one thing i hope though is that when metal slug actually does coem to the gba its not liek this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS PEICE OF SHITQ!!#WEQ@@#RWEFRGDKFSOHGJ[owU$TWQERO%UE)OYEWBVHNKDSF!!!!!!! POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STINK

Paul_PL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbz.gry-online.pl
XP
Country
Poland
What do you think about my pogoshell theme? I made it because I love CTSF2
wub.gif

CTSF2.gif

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FUCKEN i am soo angrey everrytime i think of this game !!!!!! aRRRRRRRRRGGG!!!!
Like most arcade game fans I have played all of the metal slug game and absolutly love them. They have taken the platform game which is often dull to todays gamer and turned it into somthing new and exciting. They have amzing fast gameplay with heaps of men flying onto the screen from all over the place and amazing loud and fast weapons everyting about the game was fast exciting and completely exagurated. eg You killed big crabs and zombies, your tank could jump, the men all did very humorose thigns and had very comical expresive faces ..despite beign what appeard to be a war game it was quite often a humorous light hearted game.. the animations where incredible, very fast and very smooth. it felt so good to jsut move the man around on the screen..it was great.

When you get to the first side scrolling levle of CT you can see metal slug and you can see how theyve captured soem elements of metal slug but you cant feel it ...the animations are quite smooth, some of the drawings are similar for instance the side on drawings of the trucks and its a war game ..and you get a knife for close combat and he does that littel dance when hes on the edge of cliffs and stuff..all these thigs are very metal slug but they are not the crucial elements of metal slug that give it its major mojo. these things are little tricks to make us think its metal slug. but really after playign it for a few minutes you start to realise its slow and shit ... the weapons are crap and the handgun is a joke its so pussy...the men THEY TAKE SOO LONG TO KILL in metal slug it was a one buttlet to kill, you saw groupes of men fly onto the screen and a shower of buttlets and they would all die, you didnt really think about individual men. in CT you see a man you walk up to him and you shoot him it takes ages and this kills the arcade feel. And wheres alll the blood ....and like metal slug the animation mabey quite smooth but they are so slow. I dont even find it fun killing men. its jsut so slugish. and there is no debri from explosions ..this gmae is so sterile and boring in comparison. THIS game IS NOT METAL SLUG!!! the weapons are too realistic the whole feel is really kinda seriose . like SPLiNter cell or some shit yet they throw in these comical metal slug thigns like the dance on the edge of the cliff and its so fucken out of character of the game.....mabey the gba cant do metal slug ...well then dotn do it ..the gba is fun when people dont try too hard...meteriod fusion, mario , kuri kuri kurin, kirby ..now they are fun games the really suit the gba that have a fun adictive feel. one thing i hope though is that when metal slug actually does coem to the gba its not liek this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS PEICE OF SHITQ!!#WEQ@@#RWEFRGDKFSOHGJ[owU$TWQERO%UE)OYEWBVHNKDSF!!!!!!! POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STINK
So, You are saying that by adding features and more variety in a game it makes it worse, because the copy of Metal Slugs engine is more noticable? This is an arcade game, people play it for arcade purpose not for it's ingenuity, story, etc... They play it because it is fun abnd they can stop whenever they want.

face_kicker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah...it's an arcade game. It fools Metal Slug fans. It's not as good as MS, but with deeper play time you can see what they were trying to accomplish. I still prefer last years version over this. There's too many things of screen that pop up when you thought it would be clear. The game can be ended in 2 hours or so. Not bad graphically. I hated the music through out the whole entire thing. This is most likely aimed at people looking for a nice side scroller with no frills and tepid attitude. Metal Slug is not, nor is it trying to be. It's a solid 7 if you can stop trying to compare it to MS. Nice game, I just liked last years version better.

P.S. - Password system is big no no. They should've opted for battery save.

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
password is amazing i love having to remember it, it makes the game more chalenging...in fact i only play the game for the password ..hmmmm come to think of it they should relese CT3 : the super password challenge..i would buy it ...and so would you

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
password is amazing i love having to remember it, it makes the game more chalenging...in fact i only play the game for the password ..hmmmm come to think of it they should relese CT3 : the super password challenge..i would buy it ...and so would you
Yeah that makes me look at the game at a whole different point, since i remember getting a little thrilled for the new level pass and wrote it down, but also the game has to be good to have password save in it, what i hated was that simpsons game with password save, since the passwords were crappy to remember.
And bamboo i also kinda agree with you on the whole metal slug controversi... but the game was not off to be like metal slug it is more like a special agent game like splinter cell, so you can't really compare them allthough the look fools you.

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
heheh yeah , I understand . The only reason it may appear that im comparing is that most people have been saying its a metal slug clone, im kinda saying no its a metal slug wanna be. I was angrey because i thought it was tryign to do metal slug and it was kind of not hiding that fact yet they totaly missed the point of metal slug and coppied little gimicks. but mabey I overreacted . I geuss your right, its a splinter cell kinda game and theyve jsut taken little things out of MS to make it taste a bit that way. I accused them of trying to rip off the whole of metal slug. Still in saying that I probly wouldnt be so anti this game if it didnt so obviosly try to be Metal slug. arrrg i like the side scrollign Choplifter like levles...hmmm i wonder if Choplifter from snes will ever come to gba...a snes to gba emu would do as well

Bamboo

Trophies
XP
Country
So, You are saying that by adding features and more variety in a game it makes it worse, because the copy of Metal Slugs engine is more noticable? This is an arcade game, people play it for arcade purpose not for it's ingenuity, story, etc... They play it because it is fun abnd they can stop whenever they want. [/quote]
ph34r.gif
No im saying if they wanna copy metal slug dont just copy little graphical gimicks. I dont understand what they tried to do with this game it looks liek they started copyign metal slug then just gave up when they got to the gameplay side and it came out all slow and the game looks confused to me the MS part of it is undeveloped..i dont think it feels that arcadey its too slow and the features make it too complicated.....the most adictive arcade games are often the most basic....not that CT is complicated its jsut fiddly .especially climbing up ledges and stuff and backtracking and elevators and stuff. Im not sayign it makes it bad im saying it makes it not metal slug..but i still dotn find it fun

I dotn feel the arcade vibe well i can see it there but its not potent enogh for me sumthing like contra would do me better if i was to play an arcade side shooter on the gba mabey...so if its not arcade then waht is it ? is it like splinter cell or sumthing ....not really its too light for that with no puzzles or anything ..it so plain ..I consider an arcade game to be a game in which it dosnt matter what levle your playing you still having fun and you could play any given levle again and again....I wouldnt be talking about this game so much if i hadnt expected so much from it...i geuss i jsut got set off with the MS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.