WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nicksasa said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
kp-andy said:
hmm what if i buy NFS: undercover and use with my 3.2u wii.. will it work? and do i have to update???

Well I just borrowed an original version AND IT DOES NOT WORK !!!!
frown.gif

Dammit ! Any ideas why ?? Probably because Starfall is blocking the update ????
install ios 55

How do I do that ??

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
search on google or here an ios 55 wad and install with wad manager

Posts merged

search on google or here an ios 55 wad and install with wad manager

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is anybody working at a .dol patch for the #002 protection for people with softmods, old chips or just 3.2 firmware?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why don't you just extract IOS55 from the disc, install it with Wad Manager and set SoftChip to use IOS55? Or would there be something more required for some modchip users?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Why don't you just extract IOS55 from the disc, install it with Wad Manager and set SoftChip to use IOS55? Or would there be something more required for some modchip users?
Possibly, i believe so.....i will try using softy to load NFSU, as iv'e kept it, will report back later on

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I'm a mod chip user, and i tried with loading IOS55 With softchip, still gives 002, hmm what to try next, till Nukes release...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
getrehl said:
If Softchip loader is set to IOS55 it will not load backups. Won't work for a softmod atleast, maybe modchips.

djdynamite123 is a modchip user and i suggested this especially for these:

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Dec 12 2008, 10:02 AM) Why don't you just extract IOS55 from the disc, install it with Wad Manager and set SoftChip to use IOS55? Or would there be something more required for some modchip users?

but i hope this will work for 3.2 users with originals too

Stavrakas

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello I am new to GBAtemp.net.

I would like to ask a question.

Does anybody knows if 002 error can be solved with a new update of wiikey v1?
Second Generation modchips (Wiikey v2 or D2cpro) have the same problem with 002 error as wiikey v1 or they are not affected?

I am asking in order to start thinking of upgrading my wiiikey v1 with a second generation chip (Wiikey v2).

Thanks in Advance

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

but i hope this will work for 3.2 users with originals too
WiiPower, it wont even work with Originals, i can almost guarantee it, it's shit......
How can we work around it for now, till Nuke manages a fix for it, and future needed IOS's

I tried through softchip as IOS55 Default etc, tried IOS36 which is softchips deafult, Bam 002...
Should i try with the other 2 IOS's that are new with NFSU, i might as well test it....never know your look.

I checked softchip, it says it wont laod backups with default IOS36, maybe for softmodders only, i just tried it with COD5 and it played, but modchip must take effect...

any hints on how to get it to work, how have some of the others got it tow work, cant understand it, I'm on 3.2 as you all know with me sig etc.

QUOTEHello I am new to GBAtemp.net.

I would like to ask a question.

Does anybody knows if 002 error can be solved with a new update of wiikey v1?
Second Generation modchips (Wiikey v2 or D2cpro) have the same problem with 002 error as wiikey v1 or they are not affected?

I am asking in order to start thinking of upgrading my wiiikey v1 with a second generation chip (Wiikey v2).

Thanks in Advance
Welcome, if i were you i would just stick with your wiikey for now, there will be a fix sometime hopefully soon.....

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are some modchip users reporting they got it to work. All SoftChip does is load the specified IOS and load the game, that's it. And that's why it should work for modchip users with all games, just load the IOS the game wants and start the game. If this doesn't work, nintendo got some modchip detection working(my own private suggestion).

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
There are some modchip users reporting they got it to work. All SoftChip does is load the specified IOS and load the game, that's it. And that's why it should work for modchip users with all games, just load the IOS the game wants and start the game. If this doesn't work, nintendo got some modchip detection working(my own private suggestion).
Tried with all 3 IOS 38,53,55 no look BAM 002
I'm a 1st gen chip user,mind, just straight 002 from softchip....

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WalkerOfTheDay said:
nicksasa said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
kp-andy said:
hmm what if i buy NFS: undercover and use with my 3.2u wii.. will it work? and do i have to update???

Well I just borrowed an original version AND IT DOES NOT WORK !!!!
frown.gif

Dammit ! Any ideas why ?? Probably because Starfall is blocking the update ????
install ios 55

How do I do that ??

Thanx ! I can confirm that after installing IOS55 it works using an ORIGINAL COPY !.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Just wait for somebody with an original or a better modchip to test this.

PS: My new toy could be used to patch the main.dol on the fly if somebody develops a .dol patch for the #002 protection
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=122125

With your "new toy" will this let softmodders load the game or you still referring to modchippers only with the new tool you released?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...