Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
They did, it's good but the screen can mess up if you play with the scaling too much. It also feels a little more squished than the last release on some games.
I actually messed up the screen and found out xD (added the scaling in the mod and tried it only to have it destroy what I could see on the screen). I'll probably find out what the limits are before hell breaks loose and then set limits on my scaling shortcut xD.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It also adds two new mappers....

*tests*

edit: cv3=crassh ounchout = crassh
tongue.gif

Dracula kun is one step further, now it loads to a gray screen instead of crashing.

now it supports mappers 23 and 25.

uses mapper 23: Contra (Japanese version), Getsufuu Maden
uses mapper 25: cant find
tongue.gif

castlevania 3 uses mapper 24...
tongue.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Meh, well I updated the modified version. Random things are busted and other things are kind of spiffy. I think savestates are busted somehow (though I don't think this one is my fault...but who knows, maybe it was my fault o.0)...The normal stuff is added back (so the scaling/y-position/quicksave/quickload/quick rom menu/extlink support/tabswapping shortcut)
http://www.mediafire.com/?khbyvmmdfosl1dz

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I'll wait until Castlevania 3, the Ninja Gaiden games and the Kunio games are working properly before I make the move to EX.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish they'd include the source for the ORG version... instead of a just pre-compiled arm9.bin
frown.gif

You can't change the start path with hex editing.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
I wish they'd include the source for the ORG version... instead of a just pre-compiled arm9.bin
frown.gif

I can change it for you (this part is ALL Taiju xD...I only had an idea of what was happening) since I have one that works (as far as I can tell, it works anyways...or maybe it's breaking something) and you can hex edit the path while it's still an arm9.bin...actually, you can still edit it after you compile it, but then again there needs to be a space you can actually edit.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
twiztidsinz said:
frown.gif

I can change it for you (this part is ALL Taiju xD...I only had an idea of what was happening) since I have one that works (as far as I can tell, it works anyways...or maybe it's breaking something) and you can hex edit the path while it's still an arm9.bin...actually, you can still edit it after you compile it, but then again there needs to be a space you can actually edit.
Could you explain how?

Button swap Hex Edit info moved here:
http://gbatemp.net/t278389-nesds-ex?view=f...t&p=3498666

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Which is relatively easy to find, you just compile the code 'clean' (as in without any changes, not "make clean") then make changes to the source, recompile and compare the two.
But when I do the same for the Start In line (thanks again for that explanation
biggrin.gif
), I get lots of little changes which I'm guessing because the compiled code is longer.
Well, since I've been using a version Taiju fixed up, I can change the source code for nesDS and then when I compile it, it also spits out an arm9.bin to be used with nesDS Ex, I would have no idea about all the small changes (the only thing I know is that making stuff longer than it should be with a hex editor also breaks things) in the final compilation. You can use the one I've been using (if you want to anyways) which has parts of the mod IIRC...but not as much as the Ex mode that I play with, though it still has a space where you can hexedit in your path.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sr5c8ucnw0ebbcx

-edit-
Unfortunately, the only way to use the arm9.bin would be to compile nesDS Ex from source (it goes in the "arm9/image" folder)...but meh, this means you can swap it for any of the newer releases they may put out and be able to hexedit your path in.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tried launching from iMenu on my SCDS2.

Bottom screen is jumbled full of garbage. You can kind of make out the words for what you're doing, but it's incredibly messy.

Anyone else experience the same?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed that 0.31's scaling doesn't allow for the bottom 4-6 pixels to be seen, even if scaled manually.
And with these other issues, I guess I'll avoid it and continue using your modded 0.22 and the 0.30 (I split the display equally between the two screens for humor).

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Meh, well I updated the modified version. Random things are busted and other things are kind of spiffy. I think savestates are busted somehow (though I don't think this one is my fault...but who knows, maybe it was my fault o.0)...The normal stuff is added back (so the scaling/y-position/quicksave/quickload/quick rom menu/extlink support/tabswapping shortcut)
http://www.mediafire.com/?khbyvmmdfosl1dz

Savestates work fine, though rewind is busted. This is on a DSTwo with it loaded normally (not as a plugin) btw.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well after some large amount of work from avenir (he decided to do all of the great stuff and add plgargs.dat support for all of you DSTWO users) and copious amounts of testing (since he didn't have a DSTWO, I was doing it xD), we now have plgargs.dat support =)...apart from that...I don't recall doing anything else to note about...although I did forget to put back in the hex editable path...

-Added arg support
-Forgot hex editable paths
-It will crash if you boot it separately if there is a plgargs.dat that doesn't lead to a correct file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ay9rw43h14cipuf

-edit-
Forgot to mention, you need to use the dstwo.nds that Spinal_cord has provided here:
http://gbatemp.net/t260979-imenu-step-by-s...t&p=3480213

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Excellent work!

Note - to anyone using this with iMenu, it seems that a bunch of games don't work unless they are used in 'original mode', so, just keep holding 'A' until the nes game has loaded (instead of just tapping 'A' to load from iMenu).

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm loving NesDS EX, it's amazing with the new mappers support and everyting.

But, I think I'm gonna have to be the n00b kid on this thread and ask what is the use of these plgargs.dat files.. Just curious.
huh.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
minoplis said:
I'm loving NesDS EX, it's amazing with the new mappers support and everyting.

But, I think I'm gonna have to be the n00b kid on this thread and ask what is the use of these plgargs.dat files.. Just curious.
huh.gif

plgargs.dat is used by iMenu (for the supercard DSTwo) to load files directly. Meaning you can use this file in a similar way that extlink plugins work in moonshell.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want a version that works without plgargs. What happened?

And BTW, for some reason I want nesDS to support mapper 228. Action 52 on the go
mellow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F