Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
NES Retro Entertainment System
by Retro-Bit
517N6ZP0HYL__AA300_.jpg

Looking for something special to give for the Holidays? Why not try a NES Retro Entertainment System by Retro-Bit. The system is compatible with NES carts and comes complete with 2 controllers. Available in 3 different colors, the system ranges in price from $24.99-$34.99.

icon11.gif
 Buy from Amazon

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
matt1freek said:
compatible with NES? then why does it have so many damn buttons on the controller?

The extra face buttons are turbo A/B buttons, there's also a 'slowmo' button of the type you'd get on 3rd party 8/16 bit pads which basically equates to pressing start really fast. Which works on games with a simple pause screen, but if start takes you to an item or save menu you'll end up quitting the game or using items when you press certain buttons and directions.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
But for less than 25-35 dollars you can get a real Nes. So I don't really see why anyone would want a fake NES for this price..
(I got 2 NES's at home, both bought for around 12-14 dollars)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are we advertising for Amazon now?

Nice you can use official peripherals for it. Anyone recommend one of those NES/SNES machines?

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the combo systems ive seen have all been effective however the build quality is garbage..
but that is kinda expected.. one drop and its a million pieces.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Gaydrian said:
So are we advertising for Amazon now?

it’s the same as saying "buy XXX flash kit from DX" and linking to the page. i'm not saying to do your shopping on amazon but they happen to carry this system and its fulfilled by them (better return policy).

-another world

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
8-way d-pad?
seriously?

you wont have fun with a single game using an 8-way..., cause they will always look up when you want to run, crouch when you want to retreat, and do anything to keep you from winning

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
I wonder if that device contains copyrighted bootcode or so by Nintendo
unsure.gif

But sure it looks cool.
the NES doesn't have any boot code. all the patents on the hardware expired a few years back so these things are completely legal to produce.

this one looks like a rebranded Neo Fami, aka FC Game Console - I have one (the famicom version), its not a bad clone. the D-pads are pretty terrible though (unless they've updated the design since then)

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
8-way d-pad?
seriously?

you wont have fun with a single game using an 8-way..., cause they will always look up when you want to run, crouch when you want to retreat, and do anything to keep you from winning

Aren't all d-pad's 8-way? as in you can go the 4 main directions, and then the 4 diagonals? or is there some terminology I don't get here?

QUOTE(WiiBricker @ Dec 1 2010, 03:33 AM) I wonder if that device contains copyrighted bootcode or so by Nintendo
unsure.gif

But sure it looks cool.

Wait...someone on gbatemp worried about violating copyrights? loooool

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wabsta said:
But for less than 25-35 dollars you can get a real Nes. So I don't really see why anyone would want a fake NES for this price..

yeah but these 3rd party consoles are usually region free when the official ones are not, also there is a better retro console that plays both snes AND nes games, i think there is one that plays genesis games too.

shame you can't buy these things in the uk, sucks man.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Wabsta said:

Can you get a real top loader for that price, because the front loaders have lots of problems and you often have to replace the socket every so often?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Wabsta said:

yeah but these 3rd party consoles are usually region free when the official ones are not, also there is a better retro console that plays both snes AND nes games, i think there is one that plays genesis games too.

shame you can't buy these things in the uk, sucks man.

They are region free because the omit the lockout chip, just like the official top loading NES.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as nearly every system and platform has been capable of playing NES emulation for the last 10+ years, it still boggles my mind how popular famiclones still are. I would much rather download the rom and play it on my Wii or DS then buy some shitty chinese knock off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online over nps is the only reason you'd want wifi
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued