Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
Seeing as nearly every system and platform has been capable of playing NES emulation for the last 10+ years, it still boggles my mind how popular famiclones still are. I would much rather download the rom and play it on my Wii or DS then buy some shitty chinese knock off.

Some people (like myself) like to play on real hardware.

But you're right -- The Wii is a great choice considering you can use a NES or SNES controller with an adaptor from retrousb.com. Very authentic feel.

But some people still like to collect and play them (once again, like myself). =P

I would still say it's a better and safer bet to just buy an actual NES. But Top Loaders are expensive nowadays.

wolfeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this has been done so many times. the last time we had hopes on a new nes system the company assured us it would not be a "nes on a chip" but a reproduction of the actual hardware that would allow the use of original controllers... once it came out it was revealed that it was indeed a nes on a chip and had the same problems all the others had with certain games.

I'm not sure why we can't have actual new nes hardware that would make the investment worthwhile bu we don't and the best thing to do is simply buy an original and get the 72pin cartridge port replacement done on it and then have a a/v mod done.

Aganar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been a nonofficial Toploader yet that emulates the sound properly yet? I can't bring myself to buy one of these things knowing all the music is going to be a half-step lower or some other irritating imperfection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...