Homebrew WIP NES Emulator Port

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
You know you can seperate your Homebrew into categories if you place each of your .nro's into their own individual folders, and then place those folders into a parent folder named whatever category you choose...

Example(s)
sdmc:/Switch/Emulators/NES/NES.nro
sdmc:/Switch/Emulators/GBA/GBA.nro

you do have to have multiple Homebrew folders in the category folder for this to work however, and you can't place just one .nro outside of a folder (basically don't do "sdmc:/Switch/Emulators/GBA.nro"), or it'll only read just that single .nro, and ignore everything else... hope this helps.

View attachment 125269 View attachment 125270

No folder and it's there. Just not in Homebrew.

Maybe cause I have the number 2 in from of it
20180526_210253.jpg
20180526_210346.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Was the menu working for you on earlier versions? Just downloaded the zip file and it seems to be working fine. What firmware are you on? I am on 5.0.0 so I am unable to test lower firmware to confirm it is working.

Works for me.

Can not wait for SOUND LOL.

Sound should be next priority
20180526_210826.jpg
20180526_210842.jpg
20180526_210937.jpg

EDIT I HAD LAUNCHED THE WRONG VERSION, CAN CONFIRM THAT JOYCONS ARE NOT WORKING WELL ATTACHED TO THE SYSTEM WITH THIS EMULATOR.

my apologies @waywardson07 for misinforming you on that. Long day.

Last edited by Leonidas87,
Reactions: waywardson07

Dillw33d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the menu working for you on earlier versions? Just downloaded the zip file and it seems to be working fine. What firmware are you on? I am on 5.0.0 so I am unable to test lower firmware to confirm it is working.
I have discovered the issue. The menu does not respond to the joycons when they are attached to the console. They work just fine when disconnected. I am on 5.0.2 if that helps.

Last edited by Dillw33d,
Reactions: Leonidas87

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
@waywardson07

I was wrong and do apologize it does seem that the Joycons are not working well connected to the Nintendo Switch with the 5th version you just released.

I had launched the wrong one in my testing and in my picture above.

I have discovered the issue. The menu does not respond to the joycons when they are attached to the console. They work just fine when disconnected. I am on 5.0.2 if that helps.

Same on 4.1.0 and 5.0.2 here also I had launched the wrong version in my previous test and pics. My bad everyone for that.

Feels more natural to me to have B mapped to Y and A Mapped to B.

Expecially in Mario for running and jumping.

Easier for double button press with Y and B instead of B and Y.

Just a thought for the button mapping.

waywardson07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just an update: I have released Alpha v0.1.0
Check the OP for change log.

Iv'e noticed this as well. I believe it happens in the home-brew menu as well so it might be a libnx problem. I'll check to confirm.

Twistedziefer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just an update: I have released Alpha v0.1.0
Check the OP for change log.

Iv'e noticed this as well. I believe it happens in the home-brew menu as well so it might be a libnx problem. I'll check to confirm.
Ya cant navigate through the roms unless I disconnect joycons from the console.

Last edited by Twistedziefer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk if i'm weird bc i don't like when people break the pasta even tho i don't think i'm italian...