Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: Does it work on 4.0.x and 5.0.x?
2: Where can I download?

1. yes it works on 4.0.x and 5.0.x
2. I haven't posted a link at this point. I was going to wait until it's a bit more complete, but if more people really want it now for testing I can whip up a simple game select ui and post it by maybe tomorrow?

OMG! More progress!
Keep up the good work!
Hopefully we can get a simple ROM selection screen as well as sound and saves support in the future...

thanks! I will keep the original post updated as progress moves along.

ownedlol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to wait until it's a bit more complete, but if more people really want it now for testing I can whip up a simple game select ui and post it by maybe tomorrow?

It certainly wouldn't hurt to release it so you can get multiple users giving samples on what works/doesn't and how to reproduce bugs/crashes. :P

samthebreadman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is neat. I'm working on a similar project as well that replicates the NES Classic UI (yes I know the video has the SNES classic UI but really they are the same asides from a few minor differences) and has a built-in NES emulator. Kinda like yours. Guess there will be two versions out there. The more the merrier I say! :-)

Edit: Wait, couldn't we just work together on this? That would speed up dev time... we need to get together, OP.

Last edited by samthebreadman,

kalamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is neat. I'm working on a similar project as well that replicates the NES Classic UI and has a built-in NES emulator. Kinda like yours. Guess there will be two versions out there. The more the merrier I say! :-)
its always cool to have more than one emulator. but the real question is, who can make the better one lol

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was thinking of writing a "Wall of fame" for everyone who's contributed to everything, in every aspect of emulation and so on, but it will be a loooooong while till that's complete.

An idea I would like to run: a "Rolodex" of people working on projects so people could bounce ideas or setup projects faster.
Personally, I feel if a lot of talented developers put their time into RetroArch, we could simplify everything. Of course, I can't speak for the team, but I think it would be a good idea...and it kind of facilitates the need for the "Rolodex".

Nonetheless, good job! You know people are itching to play their Earthbound hacks, among other NES "classics".

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Have to finish all these download first on to the new 200gb micro sd card.

Switch is a beast and that's not even half the games in progress downloadin
This is neat. I'm working on a similar project as well that replicates the NES Classic UI (yes I know the video has the SNES classic UI but really they are the same asides from a few minor differences) and has a built-in NES emulator. Kinda like yours. Guess there will be two versions out there. The more the merrier I say! :-)

Edit: Wait, couldn't we just work together on this? That would speed up dev time... we need to get together, OP.

Yes it would be a good idea I was going to inform you of this to see if yous could work together

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not really a competition here IMO. I actually want to work with OP on this. I'll give him/her a PM.

You should contact the OP for the GBC and GBA emulators, might be able to incorporate you game selection screen with more then just the NES emulator.

Just an idea

Attachments

• 20180520_222618.jpg
    20180520_222618.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 366
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

gdkchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One question I have for any switch developers out there is..
is there a way on the switch to calculate delta time in milliseconds ? I've tried using time.h along with clock(), but clock() doesn't seem to work on the switch.
You can use svcGetSystemTick (or just read the CNTPCT_EL0 system register directly since thats the only thing the svc does anyway) to get the system tick count, it's frequency is 19200000 hz so you just need to divide the value you read from it by 19200 (remember to use floating point or fixed point integer, you can just multiply by 1 / 19200 since multiplications are usually faster than divisions) to get a milliseconds timestamp. You can then store this value on a variable and calculate the delta on the next iteration of your main loop.

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm giddy with ideas. This could be amazing. We'll see what OP has to say via DM.

I'd think it would be a poor choice not to accept this, after-all if you guys do end up working together you could make a damn good looking emulator, and with time, I'd only hope a good running emulator too... it just makes since IMO

Also if you incorperate your UI in the GBA, and GBC emulators too I think you could have something really special.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
Reactions: waywardson07

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over