regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a DSL with an EZFlash Vi.

I put NES DS on it. The emulator runs some ROMs fine, such as Kirby and Super Mario. However it freezes up at the very beginning of Zelda and Zelda II, and Punch Out looks like utter crap and is basically unplayable.

I've downloaded these three ROMs as [!] versions from more than one source with no luck.

Is this just the way it is? Anyone else have success? Should I be using another NES emulator?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I never got Punch Out working but Zelda's never given me any trouble. The only serious problem I have with NesDS is trying to resist the urge to rewind time like a cheating bitch when I die on Contra.

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I tried NesterDS and it claims no NES ROMs are found and then promptly freezes.

Sad! I just want to play Zelda!

Any other emulator choices?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zelda works fine on nesdDS for me. I think I recall Punchout having issues, but someone released an altered version on the emulator somewhere that runs it.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're using NesterDS+, not just NesterDS. The first has DLDI support; the second doesn't.

But yes, Zelda should work fine in NES DS. Worst case, you can embed the rom into the .nds file, but I don't think you'd have saving capabilities then so it's not the best solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse