Hacking NES Emulation Help

zackbonder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just managed to get nesDS working on my R4i, but the saving on the games doesn't work (I used Zelda for testing). On my NES emulator for PC that i used, it made a .ram file for the games that could save (Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Kirby) and the saving worked. Is there anyway to be able to save on a NES emulator for R4i?

zackbonder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the save states... Umm that doesn't help me much. What are these save states exactly? All I have is the nesDS.nds file and the .nes roms.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zackbonder said:
Use the save states... Umm that doesn't help me much. What are these save states exactly? All I have is the nesDS.nds file and the .nes roms.
It actually helps you a ton, because it's the exact and only answer to your question. nesDS has a Save State and Load State feature. Those are to be used in lieu of traditional saving.

zackbonder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOAH really?! So if I'm playing a game, and i touch the bottom screen, then turn it off. Will it pick up from the exact point it was at when i touched the screen??

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
nesds has code that doesn't function correctly on pressure sensitive touch screens. loopy did not write the updated code, he simply added code into the file build of nesds. if you have touch screen issues with nesds give the unofficial mod a try. it adds button combinations for the common touch screen options.

http://filetrip.net/f4103-NesDS-MOD-121507.html

QUOTE said:
a mod of the original source which maps some of the touch screen only controls to dpad+button combinations.

The L/R keys have been disabled by default. You can re-enable them using the touch screen menu. (I always accidentally nudge these.)

The rom loader defaults to 'ROMS' instead of the root directory.

To change this behavior:
1. Extract nesDS.exe, nesDS.nds, and nesDSns.nds.
2. Run nesDS.exe and enter a default rom directory.

This will patch the default rom directory for both of the nds files. nesDS.nds has the shoulder buttons enabled by default and nesDSns.nds does not.

A few additional hot keys have been added:
Load State - Select+Up
Save State - Select+Down
Save SRAM - Select+Left
Reset NES - Start+Select (back to selection screen)

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1