Not open for further replies.

ShineroDark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do you think hackers and other people will take old games and try to make them work on the 3d screen? Assuming the 3ds even can be hacked enough for that to happen.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some will try, sure, but no one will ever finish (mostly due to people not giving them money for a project unlikely to be completed). It'll be like all the Super Smash DS projects hovering around.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Some will try, sure, but no one will ever finish (mostly due to people not giving them money for a project unlikely to be completed). It'll be like all the Super Smash DS projects hovering around.

How about 3D emulator that converts them to 3D?

No, that won't work.
tongue.gif

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe you could split the different layers like backgrounds, sprites, etc so it appeared like they had depth? it would probably have to be rom specific but it could work and I can't see it being too hard

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
like how the gameboy color gives old gameboy games colors (though blue grass isn't that sexy but still) maybe like Supersonicmonk says: different layers of background and sprites and palettes can be assigned to different depth values
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supersonicmonk said:
maybe you could split the different layers like backgrounds, sprites, etc so it appeared like they had depth? it would probably have to be rom specific but it could work and I can't see it being too hard
I'm pretty sure that is called the Virtual Boy. You know, except as an NES emulator that's not red.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Doubt emulation will be able to get any NES game to become "3D-enhanced" without making a mess out of it. Having the source code, implementing it in, and recompiling to 3DS specifications would be the only real way to achieve it. The game would not be in the NES format anymore, but would still play like an NES game.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Supersonicmonk said:
That's what Nintendo did to show off those NES Mario games and sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4