Hacking Nephew got a 2DS on 6.0.0-12U

Blue Lamb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS with a Gateway and everything runs fine I think. I'm not sure what the current best set-ups are, but I use the browser to get into EmuNAND then play my CIA games from there. I also have an annoying nag that I couldn't figure out how to get rid of.

My nephew just got a 2DS as stated above. From my understanding, I might be able to get a CFW set up running for him.

Could someone point me in the right direction for this? There seems to be a few different CFW's and I'm not sure what all the different features mean.

I hope there's a way for him to get rid of the nag for the most part.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
At the very least, he won't get any nags because emunand can go up to the latest firmware.
I don't about getting emunand, though. It's a bit complicated since the Smash Bros 9.2 update doesn't have the matching web browser.

Reactions: Blue Lamb

Blue Lamb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks!

One more question - The 2DS came with a 4GB SD card but I think we're going to upgrade it to a 32GB. Could I install rxtools/unlink the nands now with the 4GB and move everything to the 32GB later? Or would it have to be done all over again?

Blue Lamb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does sysNAND change everytime you format it? Will I have to make a new back up of my sysnand after I format it (when I unlink sysnand and emunand?)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does sysNAND change everytime you format it? Will I have to make a new back up of my sysnand after I format it (when I unlink sysnand and emunand?)
If you want. But the most important thing is to have a working sysNAND backup in case something ever goes wrong and you end up with a brick. Doesn't really matter whether it's from before or after the unlink. Best is to have a backup from before you did anything to the sysNAND, so you can go back to a completely vanilla NAND.

Reactions: Blue Lamb

Blue Lamb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so the NANDS aren't linked to the console anymore, they can just be restored back to the DS like how an OS can be restored.

Thanks

D

Deleted-236924

I see, so the NANDS aren't linked to the console anymore, they can just be restored back to the DS like how an OS can be restored.

Thanks
They are linked to your specific 3DS still, that much has not changed.

Blue Lamb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run into a couple issues following that tutorial. Hopefully you could help me out.

I couldn't run rxTools 3.0 but in order to do that, I have to update to sysnand 9.0-9.2.

I believe I'm running rxTools 2.5.2 now which I think I have to use for flashing the 9.0 update.

I installed FBI launcher to my sysNAND with Gateway.

I booted DevMode from rxTools 2.5.2 which loads my sysNAND with special privileges (I think) but I cant open the FBI to update the SYSNAND to 9.0.

I get a message that says "This software could not be loaded"

Could the SYSNAND be updated from using my Gateway and FBI? Or does it have to be from the FBI that's installed on my sysNAND?

**NEVERMIND** I almost tried to update with sysupdater while i was in sysnand gateway mode. good thing for the red text

Last edited by Blue Lamb,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1