Hacking NeoGamma Thread

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R9 development progress report:
I get the names of the games from GC multi game discs now. The "GUI" for the game selection already works, 2nd disc selection and 2nd disc auto detection should work too. Well the problem is that the info is not passed correctly to the gamecube loader, to summarize, at the moment it does nothing. That's why it will still be a while until a beta release.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devil May Cry said:
I have some questions regarding Ocarina support. I'm brand new when it comes to Ocarina, so if say something stupid, please LMK. I'm trying to enable a max money cheat for No More Heroes and I cannot get it to work. I've downloaded it as a TXT and a GCT and have tried the different cheat options available, but l always get sent back to the Wii menu. Is there something I'm missing here?

You may need to set an option to allow "alternate hook" for ocarina support, I'm not sure where it is in neogamma, but it's available in another loader.

Some games use the memory space the ocarina reserves for loading it's cheat stuff into, and you need to put the cheat stuff into a different memory space for it to work, hence the alternate hook option.

Typically it hooks into the VBI but there are other options like OSSleepThread which is a good one to get around tricky memory problems. I suggest if there's a way to change it to that, do so and it shouldn't reboot just because you're using ocarina anymore.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
schooluser said:
Devil May Cry said:
I have some questions regarding Ocarina support. I'm brand new when it comes to Ocarina, so if say something stupid, please LMK. I'm trying to enable a max money cheat for No More Heroes and I cannot get it to work. I've downloaded it as a TXT and a GCT and have tried the different cheat options available, but l always get sent back to the Wii menu. Is there something I'm missing here?

You may need to set an option to allow "alternate hook" for ocarina support, I'm not sure where it is in neogamma, but it's available in another loader.

Some games use the memory space the ocarina reserves for loading it's cheat stuff into, and you need to put the cheat stuff into a different memory space for it to work, hence the alternate hook option.

Typically it hooks into the VBI but there are other options like OSSleepThread which is a good one to get around tricky memory problems. I suggest if there's a way to change it to that, do so and it shouldn't reboot just because you're using ocarina anymore.

You can select some different hooktypes in NeoGamma. And i think you have a totally wrong image of what a hooktype is.

FallingGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to make this work for about 2 days, but when I load the installer or whatever from the homebrew channel, black screen, nothing appears. I rebooted my Wii and read that the pop-up (Just before charging it from the homebrew channel) that it required cIOS and stuff, when I've read before downloading that it didn't require none. I'm completly f*cked up.

I've tried downloading the cIOS38r16 installer and when I tried installing it on my Wii through homebrew channel ; same thing, black screen, nothing happen. I've then read that it required Waninkoko's cIOS249 to work. Zzzzzzzz...

I've downloaded it a while after, did as the read-me said, but no installation things to be seen. I've then read that you required the "IOS38-64-v3867.wad" file for WAD installation and to put it on root of SD card. After a while, I did it, but nothing changed, still no new installers and still black screen for other installers. I'm so damn annoyed...

Anything that actually work?

maelstrom218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually followed that exact guide, and I'm getting the same result as FallingGuy. I managed to install all the packs/wads/etc., but I'm only able to install the NeoGamma wad under IOS36, not IOS249. And whenever I end up trying to play a backup disc, the wiimote turns off and I get a black screen.

If that guide is powerless to hack my Wii properly, then I really have no ideas how to proceed.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@maelstrom, have a properly patched IOS36, but your IOS249 is either stubbed or missing, remove the stubs with dop-mii, then install reinstall cios249 using IOS36, then that should solve your neogamma problem

falling guy doesn't seem to have a patched IOS36, so thats why he can't install cIOS249 (or his cios249 is also stubbed)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I am using GC-Tool Version 1.20 but if you have a better one then please let me know. Now I am going to extract USA_NES_ZELDA1.TGC then rename it to .dol ?

hundredhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wbfs connection lost

Neogamma r8 rev 14 ios 249

got mario kart to work in black and white once after pressing the button repedatly

any help???

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys, I was able to get the codes working by using OSSleepThread and default IOS settings. Does NeoGamma load .gct or .txt? I ended up getting more codes than I wanted in the end.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hundredhead said:
wbfs connection lost

Neogamma r8 rev 14 ios 249

got mario kart to work in black and white once after pressing the button repedatly

any help???

You should only get that with bad HDDs. What settings did you use? (If i don't get all, i won't reply)

And you get the game in black and white, because you try to use a PAL game on a NTSC Wii with a bad tv connected.

QUOTE(Devil May Cry @ Apr 3 2010, 07:31 AM) Thanks for the help guys, I was able to get the codes working by using OSSleepThread and default IOS settings. Does NeoGamma load .gct or .txt? I ended up getting more codes than I wanted in the end.

NeoGamma only uses .gct. It looks in the following folders for them: "NeoGamma/codes" and "codes".

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Okay, I am using GC-Tool Version 1.20 but if you have a better one then please let me know. Now I am going to extract USA_NES_ZELDA1.TGC then rename it to .dol ?

Hi WiiPower,

can you help me with my answer, please ?

laifuthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@maelstrom, have a properly patched IOS36, but your IOS249 is either stubbed or missing, remove the stubs with dop-mii, then install reinstall cios249 using IOS36, then that should solve your neogamma problem

falling guy doesn't seem to have a patched IOS36, so thats why he can't install cIOS249 (or his cios249 is also stubbed)
If you have a stubbed ios 249, doesn't that mean you had cios before and then upgraded to Wii Firmware 4.2? That way, you can just load IOS250 for the installation and it installs over the stubs.

hundredhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should only get that with bad HDDs. What settings did you use? (If i don't get all, i won't reply)

And you get the game in black and white, because you try to use a PAL game on a NTSC Wii with a bad tv connected.

I'm using a sdhc 4gb card and got mario kart to run with mpal480i (it was pal) with all other default settings. what do you mean by bad tv

i got mario and sonic at the olympic games to run too but it only came up with a black screen. also pal(My tv's default screen is a blue screen)

i didnt get mario kart wii ntsc to come up at all only the wbfs connection lost

twilight princess ntsc wouldnt work too

Just so you know i get all my disc backups to work too. good job with that keep up the work. My mario kart broke (I should take more care of my discs) and twilight princess and sonic adventure 2 battle woulnt work at all ( theyre pal).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:

Nobody know how ? I am sure WiiPower knows but why isn't he answering this question ? I am sure many people here will want to know.
lecture.gif

HplStrideR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I need some help =/

Everytime I try to load Red Steel 2 from the disc I get the DVD Read Error 1167 (I've seen the wii motion plus video before on wii sports resort).

And I can't possibly load any backup using the USB as it says: Error no DVD (n).

My config/setup is: Wii SM 4.0, IOS 248 rev 17, NeoGamma R8.

Thanks in advance =)

maelstrom218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:

I seem to have no stubs, and I've tried re-installing all the cIOS249 wads in IOS36. However, there's one wad I can't install--cIOS249-v17.wad--and it gives me an error -1035. Perhaps this is the reason why NeoGamma loads into a black screen when I try to play burned backups? Is there a way to fix this error -1035 installation problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work