Hacking NeoGamma Thread

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ASTEROTH said:
OK... I have a wii that neogamma says I have a dump failure. over and over again
Fricken guys..... I figured out my problem by removing my sd to computer. and seeing that a neogamma config file had been modified . My newest thing is gratitude fore the makers, dreamers, closet wii mulators and actually the pirate like mii... fricken wow... where am I... gots 50+ games... some I will never plaa, but gots some serious mind for wii. God.. all I needs is a degrii....lol
Fricken.... I mite write some poetry for wii: Screw you if you likes it not....

Here goes....

You enhance me, for my couch is now a zone
A tv, my wii and free games I abscone
alls I asks is a badder and better tone
culdya, wouldya make me a mame loader zone
FUXXIT..... ASTEROTH

I'm not a native english speaker, i don't have any chance to understand what you want.

2lux said:
QUOTE(2lux @ Mar 22 2010, 07:53 PM) can you make possibilities to select other ios ( 222,223 ??)

sorry for my bad english im french

up?? please reply
smile.gif

I have other priorities right now. Like i said somewhere else, NeoGamma R9 will concentrate on GC loading and will at least make it more comforting by moving the whole GUI into wii mode. And no this won't lead anywhere near GC usb loading!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RockmanForte said:
The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition will run on the next version ? It wont worked so far, you know.

Doesn't it work if you boot it with start or b using WiiGator's loader? Anyways, i will TRY to get alternative .dol loading to work for GC games, i suppose that game is a collection with several .dols.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it works but only Majora's Mask, Orcarina of time and demo works fine but Legend of Zelda and Legend of Zelda II doesnt worked at all. I am using the WiiGator's loader.

Again, WiiGator loader wont run Legend of Zelda NES and Legend of Zelda II NES at all.

For NeoGamma the latest version: some of them freeze with red Nintendo logo when I press Start and some of others does nothing I think.

norbot45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if anyone felt like giving some advice.........

neogamma r8 final won't mount my usb device; I've tried everything in the readme, forced cIOS according to the above post and searched the forums. USB gx easily mounts my USB but doesn't seem to work on some games. I've read that neogamma supposedly works on pretty much every game so I want to switch.

I'm using cIOS rev19, 4.1 wii firmware. I've installed neogamma and it boots up properly just won't recognize the USB (which is a 320 gb WD "Passport" formatted WBFS)

Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
norbot45 said:
Just wondering if anyone felt like giving some advice.........

neogamma r8 final won't mount my usb device; I've tried everything in the readme, forced cIOS according to the above post and searched the forums. USB gx easily mounts my USB but doesn't seem to work on some games. I've read that neogamma supposedly works on pretty much every game so I want to switch.

I'm using cIOS rev19, 4.1 wii firmware. I've installed neogamma and it boots up properly just won't recognize the USB (which is a 320 gb WD "Passport" formatted WBFS)

Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks

Sorry i need more information:
How do you boot GX?
How do you boot NeoGamma?
Is that a HDD with an unusual sector size?
What games don't work? Most games work in GX, it's just Sam & Max that may not work there(if they did not implememt disc+ yet)
And what's the issue with the games?

norbot45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I boot gx through a channel forwarder and neogamma through HBC, although gx works fine through HBC as well.

These games have issues:
Alone in the dark- won't boot at all; gives a code dump
metroid prime trilogy-there known issues with this one I know, I've tried alt dol method but freezes at black screen
sam and max 1 & 2-the wdm file method led me to neogamma; I understand you cannot play these with gx
dead space extraction-spotty loading, about 50/50, when it does load there's no sound

I've had minor inconsistencies with loading many other games, but these ones have persistent problems.

As far as my HDD sector size, I'm not really sure........I got a brand new HDD took it out of the box and let Wii Backup Manager format it to WBFS, without doing anything else. All i know is that it's 320 gb formatted WBFS.

Thank you for your help and time

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you get issues after booting games, with games that are supposed to work, then you have most likely an incompatible HDD. Anyways, you should try configurable usb loader, it has .wdm support too and should play all games that NeoGamma plays.

Oh and with configurable usb loader, you should also try Hermes cIOS(IOS222/3/4), that should change the HDD compatiblity, maybe for your good.

maelstrom218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm wondering if someone could give me some suggestions here:

I'm trying to play a burned iso for Tatsunoko vs Capcom with custom music, so I've followed this guide to install all the necessary wads and IOS files. I'm trying to set up NeoGamma, but every time I try to install the NeoGamma wad, I get a "ERROR! (ret = -1029)" message.

I've tried installing different NeoGamma wads under IOS249 (r8 b12/r8 b15/r8 b17/r8 rc3), but to no avail. I've searched for a solution, but I'm completely flummoxed as to what's causing the problem. I imagine at this point, there must be some kind of problem with the IOS, but I was under the assumption that the aforementioned guide would install all the necessary IOS files I needed.

People will probably need more info to troubleshoot the problem, so if you need more info, just ask (and tell me where to find it, b/c I'm a complete n00b at this stuff), and I'll try my best to describe the problem.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know what -1029 means, but have you tried using IOS36 in WAD Manager? And if you are using a SDHC card, did you try with a sd card too?

maelstrom218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I don't know what -1029 means, but have you tried using IOS36 in WAD Manager? And if you are using a SDHC card, did you try with a sd card too?

Hrm. Well, per your suggestion, I did manage to install the r8 rc3 wad under IOS36 instead of IOS249, but when I tried to play the burned disc of TvC, I'm just getting a black screen with the wii remote shut off. And I double-checked, and I'm indeed using a regular 2 GB SD card. What else could I have bungled up?

EDIT: As an aside, NeoGamma manages to play my legit copy of TvC perfectly fine. Also, my Wii is from the original launch, so I'm pretty sure it's not the chip that's causing problems. Would an improperly burned disc cause a black screen in NeoGamma, or is that more of an IOS installation problem?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So you are using cIOSrev19? If the "wrong" base IOS was used it doesn't allow to install wads and cIOSrev19 in general is not compatible with old NeoGamma versions. Does that help?

maelstrom218

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
So you are using cIOSrev19? If the "wrong" base IOS was used it doesn't allow to install wads and cIOSrev19 in general is not compatible with old NeoGamma versions. Does that help?

Actually, I'm not entirely sure which cIOS I installed. I'm looking through the Modify Any Wii (simplistic) Guide, and it doesn't say which base IOS it installs. Also, I'm running NeoGamma R8 RC3, IOS249 (Rev 19), (according to the text on the bottom when I load the app); am I supposed to have a specific NeoGamma wad with this particular revision, as opposed to any NeoGamma wad?

laifuthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first Post! I've been using WiiPower's mod of backup loader 0.3 gamma for a while now, and I've had 0 problems. It's the best disc backup loader out there. Then, when I tried Medal of Honor Heroes 2, I found that it wasn't perfect. Enough with the cheesy stuff, this is my problem. Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 is an IOS Reloading Game. I really don't know what that means, all I know is that in order to get past the wrist strap screen, I have to load a different dol on the disc (game.dol). I've tried downloading your wdm for it and running Disc+Only, but that didn't work. (Yes, I've read all the readmes) When I load game.dol, I get a glitchy experience. Choosing any difficulty other than easy results in a freeze and a buzzing noise. Easy difficulty has random, intangible, brown polygons popping up, often obscuring vision random freezing accompanied by a loud buzzing noise. I could be called a homebrew newbie, I have no experience coding, can't read binary, can't interpret code, never made an app etc. I softmodded the wii with other people's programs. My wii's info is 4.2u, bootmii, dvdx, and homebrew channel v0.6 installed. Neogamma fowarder channel installed. Custom IOSx revision 19 installed with base wad 57, Custom MIOS rev 10 installed, an ios 36 with trucha bug enabled, ios 60 with trucha bug enabled, latest ios 61 installed clean (to prevent upside down homebrew channel), running Neogamma revision 8 final release. Please help.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
Yes it works but only Majora's Mask, Orcarina of time and demo works fine but Legend of Zelda and Legend of Zelda II doesnt worked at all. I am using the WiiGator's loader.

Again, WiiGator loader wont run Legend of Zelda NES and Legend of Zelda II NES at all.

For NeoGamma the latest version: some of them freeze with red Nintendo logo when I press Start and some of others does nothing I think.

WiiPower,

Did you read my message ? Thanks.
smile.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
laifuthegreat said:
This is my first Post! I've been using WiiPower's mod of backup loader 0.3 gamma for a while now, and I've had 0 problems. It's the best disc backup loader out there. Then, when I tried Medal of Honor Heroes 2, I found that it wasn't perfect. Enough with the cheesy stuff, this is my problem. Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 is an IOS Reloading Game. I really don't know what that means, all I know is that in order to get past the wrist strap screen, I have to load a different dol on the disc (game.dol). I've tried downloading your wdm for it and running Disc+Only, but that didn't work. (Yes, I've read all the readmes) When I load game.dol, I get a glitchy experience. Choosing any difficulty other than easy results in a freeze and a buzzing noise. Easy difficulty has random, intangible, brown polygons popping up, often obscuring vision random freezing accompanied by a loud buzzing noise. I could be called a homebrew newbie, I have no experience coding, can't read binary, can't interpret code, never made an app etc. I softmodded the wii with other people's programs. My wii's info is 4.2u, bootmii, dvdx, and homebrew channel v0.6 installed. Neogamma fowarder channel installed. Custom IOSx revision 19 installed with base wad 57, Custom MIOS rev 10 installed, an ios 36 with trucha bug enabled, ios 60 with trucha bug enabled, latest ios 61 installed clean (to prevent upside down homebrew channel), running Neogamma revision 8 final release. Please help.

I don't know if these glitches can only be fixed by something IOS Reload resistant or if it's a NeoGamma issue. You should try the game in other usb loaders with booting the game.dol. If you get the same glitches in NeoGamma R7 and configurable usb loader, i doubt i can do anything about it.

RockmanForte said:
QUOTE(RockmanForte @ Mar 25 2010, 12:18 PM) Yes it works but only Majora's Mask, Orcarina of time and demo works fine but Legend of Zelda and Legend of Zelda II doesnt worked at all. I am using the WiiGator's loader.

WiiPower,

smile.gif

Yes i did. And what do you want me to reply to that? I thought i said i will try to get alt dol loading to work on GC discs. And i think you can play all these games as VC/WiiWare.

laifuthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
laifuthegreat said:

I don't know if these glitches can only be fixed by something IOS Reload resistant or if it's a NeoGamma issue. You should try the game in other usb loaders with booting the game.dol. If you get the same glitches in NeoGamma R7 and configurable usb loader, i doubt i can do anything about it.

RockmanForte said:
QUOTE(RockmanForte @ Mar 25 2010, 12:18 PM) Yes it works but only Majora's Mask, Orcarina of time and demo works fine but Legend of Zelda and Legend of Zelda II doesnt worked at all. I am using the WiiGator's loader.

WiiPower,

smile.gif

Yes i did. And what do you want me to reply to that? I thought i said i will try to get alt dol loading to work on GC discs. And i think you can play all these games as VC/WiiWare.
WiiPower,
Thanks dude, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 booting with game.dol works perfectly with Neogamma Revision 7. I guess I'll just play with that instead when playing Medal of Honor.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
RockmanForte said:
RockmanForte said:

WiiPower,

smile.gif

Thanks. Oh, you did sid you will try to get alt dol loading to work on GC discs. It would be great. Thank you. Yes, I know I can play all these games on VC/WiiWare which I have but it would be nice to get alt dol loading to work on GC discs too if you can. Goob job!

Devil May Cry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some questions regarding Ocarina support. I'm brand new when it comes to Ocarina, so if say something stupid, please LMK. I'm trying to enable a max money cheat for No More Heroes and I cannot get it to work. I've downloaded it as a TXT and a GCT and have tried the different cheat options available, but l always get sent back to the Wii menu. Is there something I'm missing here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu