Hacking NeoGamma Thread

lycanfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To RAFB

Hi, first i do take it u have an SD card and that u know how to use wad manager, if so install this:

Vegeta said:
Here, I made an autoboot channel
wink.gif

2mg4h2p.png

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ETYW8SAR

Graphics originally by NeoRame.

it is in the megaupload link, its an autoboot channel of neogamma r4 and works a charm for me, and other family members i have installed it on. this needs to be placed in the wad folder on your SD card and installed through wad manager.

also u will need to install this through homebrew channel:

http://www.tehskeen.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=4051

just download the installer.zip that is in the extras box.

just extract the file to the apps folder on your SD card and put it in your wii, run homebrew and use this app.

ok after you have done all this correctly and tried the neogamma channel can you please let us know of your succsess.

minjeeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
Love NeoGamma thankyou Wiipower.

I tried to make a custom channel by wad channel updating a usb game channel for Wii Sports Resort, with the dol for neogamma R5 test. But it wont instal correctly. The game channel instals and deletes ok but once updated with new dol it seems to instal fine but its not there?

Can anyone who has made neogama channels and has more experiance with this help answer why, this type of wad update has failed

Thanx ...M

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
I still can't get many burned games to work with this loader. It works for me for USB, but all my old DVD backups only work through original wiigator gamma 0.3 Except those with 002errors etc. Neogamma just doesn't seem to even try reading the disc.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ben. said:
I still can't get many burned games to work with this loader. It works for me for USB, but all my old DVD backups only work through original wiigator gamma 0.3 Except those with 002errors etc. Neogamma just doesn't seem to even try reading the disc.

Which cIOS?

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lycanfx said:
To RAFB

Hi, first i do take it u have an SD card and that u know how to use wad manager, if so install this:

Vegeta said:
Here, I made an autoboot channel
wink.gif

2mg4h2p.png

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ETYW8SAR

Graphics originally by NeoRame.

it is in the megaupload link, its an autoboot channel of neogamma r4 and works a charm for me, and other family members i have installed it on. this needs to be placed in the wad folder on your SD card and installed through wad manager.

also u will need to install this through homebrew channel:

http://www.tehskeen.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=4051

just download the installer.zip that is in the extras box.

just extract the file to the apps folder on your SD card and put it in your wii, run homebrew and use this app.

ok after you have done all this correctly and tried the neogamma channel can you please let us know of your succsess.

lycanfx, correct me if im wrong but in order to install rev13 dont i have to create folder in the apps and change installer to boot? also, is this 13a or 13b or just 13?

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance of an update of that backup launcher channel to Neogamma R5 since it is now in the first post of thread?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurai said:
Any chance of an update of that backup launcher channel to Neogamma R5 since it is now in the first post of thread?
use wadder and update it yourself, not a biggy.

lycanfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rafb

cios rev13 there is no 13a only 13 and 13b, but a lot of people seem to have issues with 13b so stick with rev13.

yes rename it to boot.dol plus i assumed that u would extract it to the folder named cios38_rev13-installer. but thats fine, yes create a folder named that so u know exactly which 1 to use and put that into apps.

then launch homebrew and select that file and install it. if u done ur wii urself it is quite striaght forwrd, takes around 60secs to install rev13 over your previous cios, by the way do u know which cios you are on. i found rev9 the most stable before this 1, the only issue i have with rev13 is that if u try to reboot from any backup channel the wii freezes, but with an auto boot channel like the 1 i quoted u will be fine. let me know how it goes.

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurai said:
since this program is still ongoing and new versions coming out all the time, maybe you should consider settle with forwarder channel for now or HBC.

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Ben. said:

Which cIOS?

cIOS 38 Rev 13a
PAL 3.2E

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ben. said:
WiiPower said:
Ben. said:

Which cIOS?

cIOS 38 Rev 13a
PAL 3.2E

Ok, that's strange. How far does NeoGamma get exactly with your discs? And Gamma plays the discs with the SAME IOS? Any usb or gamecube stuff connected? Hooktype set to none?

Ben.

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Ben. said:
WiiPower said:
Ben. said:

Which cIOS?

cIOS 38 Rev 13a
PAL 3.2E

Ok, that's strange. How far does NeoGamma get exactly with your discs? And Gamma plays the discs with the SAME IOS? Any usb or gamecube stuff connected? Hooktype set to none?

Not checked the hooktype everything else is in order though. Original gamma plays most of the games except those with 002 errors (Obviously). Neogamma does play them but it is hit and miss, sometimes it just seems like the disc spins down and the drive becomes inactive, original disc channel and gamma never do this.

Edit: This is R4, I'm about to try R5 with hookype set to none.

mad61190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat Cow said:
jurai said:
since this program is still ongoing and new versions coming out all the time, maybe you should consider settle with forwarder channel for now or HBC.

Is there a forwarder out i did not see one anywhere i would prefer a forward channel rather then a wii channel

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
mad61190 said:
Fat Cow said:
jurai said:

Is there a forwarder out i did not see one anywhere i would prefer a forward channel rather then a wii channel

do a search for "TroyTheZombie's Animated Channel Wad's" nice forwarder's there for Neogamma and emu's aswell

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
palitavengadora said:
WIIPOWER, with the R6 work THE GHOSTBUSTERS?
i have R4 in a NTSC wii with 3.1U v5 firmware and i get green screen.

I don't have confirmation on that, but it should be working since R2.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Official wishlist(not all mine):
- Implement IOS Reload Block function as soon as the cIOS is able to do that
- Rip games from DVD to WBFS
- Add option to select which IOS to use
- add covers(never)
- Argument parsing for settings, which disc to mount, etc.
- read game names from a database to get rid of NULL saying titles like "caduceus Z" for Trauma Center Second Opinion
- force 480P on ALL gamecube games

Glad you've not given up on the force 480p for gamecube games.

mad61190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
palitavengadora said:

yes i was just playing ghostbusters on R6 and it was working

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Vegeta said:
WiiPower said:
Official wishlist(not all mine):
- Implement IOS Reload Block function as soon as the cIOS is able to do that
- Rip games from DVD to WBFS
- Add option to select which IOS to use
- add covers(never)
- Argument parsing for settings, which disc to mount, etc.
- read game names from a database to get rid of NULL saying titles like "caduceus Z" for Trauma Center Second Opinion
- force 480P on ALL gamecube games

Glad you've not given up on the force 480p for gamecube games.

Actually i just keep it in mind for now. I'm busy with NeoGamma and my Trucha Bug Restorer.

palitavengadora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
mad61190 said:
palitavengadora said:

yes i was just playing ghostbusters on R6 and it was working

thanks, i installed the rev13a (before rev13b) and launch GHOSTBUSTERS in NEOGAMMA R6

i have another question, how i create a channel of NEOGAMMA?
sorry for my english...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up