Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
fwiw my problem was stemming from the WiiKey's built in GC region free option, I guess it causes some whacked out effect on the video patching properly, working fine now that I turned it off

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiPower said:
Not worth the wait, i know, but better than nothing.
Thanks
yaywii.gif
Filetrip mirror updated.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
really cool, now is my backup copy of CSI Fatal Conspiracy working..

Thanks a lot for a great update
yaywii.gif

(installed 249 d2x v4 base 56 into slot 248 and set Neogamma r9 beta 48 to boot into that slot and set Block ios reload : for discs)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fox888 said:
really cool, now is may backup copy of CSI Fatal Conspiracy working..

yaywii.gif

(installed 249 d2x v4 base 56 into slot 248 and set Neogamma r9 beta 48 to boot into that slot and set Block ios reload : for discs)

It's all thanks to davebaol's work. I just followed his instructions on how to tell the cIOS to do it.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
Fox888 said:
really cool, now is may backup copy of CSI Fatal Conspiracy working..

yaywii.gif

It's all thanks to davebaol's work. I just followed his instructions on how to tell the cIOS to do it.
Glad it works.
smile.gif

And thanks for having implemented both features.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PabloACZ said:
NeoGamma now uses the AHBPROT flag? Because there is the '' argument in the meta.xml. If it reloads the IOS being used to a cIOS, then why is it needed?

I added the '' flag only to prevent random crashes before NeoGamma's startup that would be interpreted as NeoGamma's fault. Why let HBC load an IOS, then let libogc load an IOS and then NeoGamma loads IOS249 before doing anything else? At least the libogc IOS Reload was removed some libogc versions ago, and now i'm getting rid of the HBC IOS Reload as well. Well at least i'm trying, i'm too lazy to check if it's really gone now.

And you seem to not understand how the AHBPROT flag works. It only sets the IOS in a state with more possibilities, like patching the IOS in memory while it is running. Just setting the AHBPROT flag does nothing.

I suppose i could change NeoGamma's meta.xml to load IOS249 and if you change that to another IOS, that would be the IOS used by NeoGamma. But that would be work to do, and i would have to remove the used IOS from the config. And then i would have to find a solution for people using a channel and having set NeoGamma to use another IOS.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
What I meant is, the effect of the AHBPROT flag would be gone after you do an IOS reload (in this case, to the IOS249), at least as far as I know. I thought having it in NeoGamma would be odd, because it wouldn't be used at all, but I guess it makes sense after all.

If it's being used to prevent more IOS reloads and crashes, then it's fine. Thanks for answering.

phrozenstare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys new to the form.

I have started playing GC games on my modded wii with neogamma. i am trying to get the ocarina codes working. i have searched everywhere but i just cannot find out where on the SD card you place the CHT files. i tried placing them in the apps\neogamma folder, on the root of the SD card, and the neogamma folder on the root of the SD card but it still cannot find the file.

any help would be appreciated thanks

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
phrozenstare said:
i have searched everywhere but i just cannot find out where on the SD card you place the GCT files.

Fix'd.

phrozenstare said:
i tried placing them in the apps\neogamma folder, on the root of the SD card, and the neogamma folder on the root of the SD card but it still cannot find the file.

any help would be appreciated thanks

Srsly, read the readme.txt file.

NeoGamma readme
FILEPATHS:

Ocarina codes: "NeoGamma/codes" or "codes"

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just to say that neogamma works better for me with gc game i only use neogamma for gc games and it works first try except nick party blast (nick is for nickelodeon) alway freeze after intro but it is a really great gc loader thank you very much wiipower for this magnificiant loader !

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
emmanu888 said:
just to say that neogamma works better for me with gc game i only use neogamma for gc games and it works first try except nick party blast (nick is for nickelodeon) alway freeze after intro but it is a really great gc loader thank you very much wiipower for this magnificiant loader !

Does NeoGamma say something about audio streams during booting the game? Any luck when you select to use the high plugin? Do you have the reloader set to auto?

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
emmanu888 said:

Does NeoGamma say something about audio streams during booting the game? Any luck when you select to use the high plugin? Do you have the reloader set to auto?

reloader on auto it says it found 200 audio streams no luck on high

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say thanks for your continued effort with this
smile.gif
who would have knew to combining d2x+ with neogamma would make things better
smile.gif
I'm basicly seeing d2x as your vc/ww emulation, gc backup, wii backup = BEST IOS

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kylster said:
I just want to say thanks for your continued effort with this
smile.gif
who would have knew to combining d2x+ with neogamma would make things better
smile.gif
I'm basicly seeing d2x as your vc/ww emulation, gc backup, wii backup = BEST IOS

I expect a good d2x update soon. If i can identify the base IOS of cIOS easily, i will implement automatic loading of the best suited cIOS. So if your IOS249 uses IOS56 as base, it's used for 98% of games. If a game requests IOS57 or IOS58, then NeoGamma looks for a cIOS with that base IOS and loads it before starting the game. I made my mind up to implement this instead of IOS selection quite a while ago.

Anyways, i would like to get reports from channel users. Where does the cIOS reset you to when you select "return to wii menu"? (needs d2xv4)

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Anyways, i would like to get reports from channel users. Where does the cIOS reset you to when you select "return to wii menu"? (needs d2xv4)

well i´m loading Neogamma through a Forwarder channel and then i press the home button in a game and select Wii menu, it takes me back to the Wii menu (using d2xv4)
did i misunderstood something here..??

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fox888 said:
WiiPower said:

well i´m loading Neogamma through a Forwarder channel and then i press the home button in a game and select Wii menu, it takes me back to the Wii menu (using d2xv4)
did i misunderstood something here..??

I feared that might happen. Return to HBC works, but i did a dirty hack for it. Somebody knows how to get to know from which channel an app was started?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.coca-cola.com/xe/en/media-center/wozzaah-launch