Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
What is the best way to compress and store gamecube images(iso's)? I want to do this but still leave the image intact so I can decompress and burn them at a later date. Would gcz or ciso be ok? Is there a program to shrink them? Many thanks for your imput.

Snowcrush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well, i have a problem, installed cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6 to run Kirby's Return to Dream Land, and finished the game, but before when i was going to backup the Nand, and before the update, i accidentally pushed the SD card into the drive, i opened the wii and got it out.

Now after some time i was going to play some Gamecube backups (That worked before) and it gets stuck on "Launching Game"
Tried to fix it, nothing helped, so i restored to before the update with the nand backup, Still the same. (GC Backups worked before update, as i said).

The games though, works on WiiGator's Gamecube Backup Launcher, And normal wii games work, checking if backups work now.

EDIT: Wii backups work aswell

Snowcrush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
What is the best way to compress and store gamecube images(iso's)? I want to do this but still leave the image intact so I can decompress and burn them at a later date. Would gcz or ciso be ok? Is there a program to shrink them? Many thanks for your imput.

You COULD turn them into CSO's, but i have no idea how good is the compressing for non-psp iso's

Anyone can help me with my problem?

cereal_killerxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just compress them with winrar and unrar them if you need them.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, just one thing.

When attempting to install mIOS v10 now, it errors out saying that I need a trucha-signed IOS to load from. So in that case, which IOS should I use to load? My Wii is 4.2U, and I just finished re-hacking/updating IOS's with ModMii 4.7.5 (thank you, XFlak, for making this stuff easier to keep track of). Want to get my Gamecube and Wii disc backups working again, is all. I have a D2B drive in my Wii, and I was able to get DVDX to load up a DVD movie and play, so there seems to be no excuse to have this issue, you know?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When attempting to install mIOS v10 now, it errors out saying that I need a trucha-signed IOS to load from. So in that case, which IOS should I use to load? My Wii is 4.2U, and I just finished re-hacking/updating IOS's with ModMii 4.7.5 (thank you, XFlak, for making this stuff easier to keep track of). Want to get my Gamecube and Wii disc backups working again, is all. I have a D2B drive in my Wii, and I was able to get DVDX to load up a DVD movie and play, so there seems to be no excuse to have this issue, you know?
Use IOS236 whenever you need to install something.

PiXi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi guys! First message here.

Sorry for such question but I need to clarify it once and for all. :)

I want to play hard in Eternal Darkness, with all sounds/music etc. in other words as it was intended to be played by delevopers!

I have softmoded Wii with latest stuff and I know for sure that if I'll insert backup disc there will be no backgroud music etc., just silence.

But will I get 100% working audio streaming if I'll insert RETAIL disc of Eternal Darkness? Or will it have the same silence instead of music?

Or maybe is the only way to enjoy 1:1 gameplay is to remove all softmods, restore original NAND and reset all settings to factory default? :)

Once more sorry for such nooooob question but I can't find CLEAR answer by myself.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have the game myself and i can confirm that you get the audio streams if you play it via NeoGamma. With the backup, there's silence during the poem at the beginning, with the retail disc, there's a voice reading it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword USA.... Wii 3.2u and NeoGamma R9 beta 50, IOS249 (REV 17) doesnt work. It kicked me back to my home menu. The demo works thought. What should I do ? No, I dont want to update it at all. If it ain't broken then dont fix it. My backup games worked fine with it. Only this new release version doesnt work. Help ?Thanks.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this fix as IOS56, slot 249 and installed but still kick me back to the menu.. Does that mean I must have d2x v6 cIOS to do this and not REV 17 ?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use d2x v6 with base IOS56 and enable the IOS Reload block. If it still doesn't work, explain your issue completely in that other thread.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My last question for d2x cIOS Installer v3.1:
- Download and extract to SD/USB
- Load the HBC and load the d2x installer
- Select IOS36 or 236 to use during the installation
- Select cIOS to install
- Select base IOS i.e
- Select cIOS slot i.e