Neogamma problem.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Shimigami777, Oct 23, 2009.

Oct 23, 2009

Neogamma problem. by Shimigami777 at 5:08 AM (2,492 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Shimigami777
    OP

Newcomer Shimigami777 Newbie

United States
    Okay, I just hacked my wii a couple days ago. I used this guide, the 4.2 version: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901&st=0

I followed that exactly, and everything seemed to work. I then downloaded Neogamma, and put it's folder in my apps folder on my sd card.

On another sd card, I have formatted it to wbfs, and added the isos for Call of Duty 5, Tiger Woods 10, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I then put the wbfs card in a usb sd card reader and plugged it into my wii. I put the other card into the sd slot of my wii. When I load Neogamma from the homebrew channel, it lets me choose to load from usb, and then I press A to mount "wbfs". Then i select my game, and press A, but after this I just get a blank screen.

I tried all three iso, but none will start. I have other iso to start but I'm assuming they wont start either. If anyone can help, I'd be really appreciative.

Thanks,
    Shimigami777.

2. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    It's possible that it's a compatibility issue with the SD card reader. Do you have any other USB thumbdrives you could test?

3. Shimigami777
    OP

United States
    No I don't at the moment, but I could go buy one. Do you know any that will definitely be compatible? And just to add, I'm using a 16gb sdhc card with my usb card reader, in case that's the problem.

Also, could it be I have an outdated cIOS? I don't know a lot about this, but the guide I used had me run "cIOS 222/223 Installer v4".

4. wrettcaughn

United States
    as long as you have 249 rev 14 installed you should be good

are the games from the same region as your wii? if not, go into the settings and force NTSC

5. Shimigami777
    OP

United States
    Ok I did that, and the same things happens for all the isos except super smash bros., now when I start it, it says I'm missing file sd:/neogamma/rsbeo1.dol. I tried google to find this file, but no luck, and I'm not sure if it's a file I'm aloud to ask for or not.

I tried downloading another backup loader, it's just called SD/USB Loader by Waninkoko. I get the same problem, I try to start a game, it says "booting game", and then it just stays on "booting game" forever (I let it sit and came back almost an hour later).

But when I tried to load Tiger Woods 10 with this one, it said something about there was an exception (DSI) then a bunch of numbers, then something about a code dump, and more numbers.

Thanks for your help btw, I'm sure you have to deal with noobs like me all the time [​IMG]

6. Shimigami777
    OP

United States
  7. Shimigami777
    OP

United States
    I tried the latest Wiiflow last night. Same sort of issues... SSB Brawl gets to wiiflow's loading screen and stalls out, and the rest of my games if I start them, it restarts my wii.

I've tried other loaders, and that didn't do anything. I made sure I followed the softmodding guide correctly, and I did. I don't know if it's my usb device that's causing this, but if it is I'll know since I'm gonna buy one that's confirmed working on the compatibility list.

If anyone knows what else this might be, I could really use some help.

8. EeZeEpEe

Member EeZeEpEe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Try to get a burned DVD backup and try to play that. If it works fine it's probably your USB drive.

9. wrettcaughn

United States
    probably a compatibility issue with your card reader. try reformatting it with WBFS manager.