Hacking Neogamma problem.

Shimigami777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I just hacked my wii a couple days ago. I used this guide, the 4.2 version: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901&st=0

I followed that exactly, and everything seemed to work. I then downloaded Neogamma, and put it's folder in my apps folder on my sd card.

On another sd card, I have formatted it to wbfs, and added the isos for Call of Duty 5, Tiger Woods 10, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I then put the wbfs card in a usb sd card reader and plugged it into my wii. I put the other card into the sd slot of my wii. When I load Neogamma from the homebrew channel, it lets me choose to load from usb, and then I press A to mount "wbfs". Then i select my game, and press A, but after this I just get a blank screen.

I tried all three iso, but none will start. I have other iso to start but I'm assuming they wont start either. If anyone can help, I'd be really appreciative.

Thanks,
Shimigami777.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that it's a compatibility issue with the SD card reader. Do you have any other USB thumbdrives you could test?

Shimigami777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't at the moment, but I could go buy one. Do you know any that will definitely be compatible? And just to add, I'm using a 16gb sdhc card with my usb card reader, in case that's the problem.

Also, could it be I have an outdated cIOS? I don't know a lot about this, but the guide I used had me run "cIOS 222/223 Installer v4".

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as you have 249 rev 14 installed you should be good

are the games from the same region as your wii? if not, go into the settings and force NTSC

Shimigami777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I did that, and the same things happens for all the isos except super smash bros., now when I start it, it says I'm missing file sd:/neogamma/rsbeo1.dol. I tried google to find this file, but no luck, and I'm not sure if it's a file I'm aloud to ask for or not.

I tried downloading another backup loader, it's just called SD/USB Loader by Waninkoko. I get the same problem, I try to start a game, it says "booting game", and then it just stays on "booting game" forever (I let it sit and came back almost an hour later).

But when I tried to load Tiger Woods 10 with this one, it said something about there was an exception (DSI) then a bunch of numbers, then something about a code dump, and more numbers.

Thanks for your help btw, I'm sure you have to deal with noobs like me all the time
laugh.gif

Shimigami777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the latest Wiiflow last night. Same sort of issues... SSB Brawl gets to wiiflow's loading screen and stalls out, and the rest of my games if I start them, it restarts my wii.

I've tried other loaders, and that didn't do anything. I made sure I followed the softmodding guide correctly, and I did. I don't know if it's my usb device that's causing this, but if it is I'll know since I'm gonna buy one that's confirmed working on the compatibility list.

If anyone knows what else this might be, I could really use some help.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shimigami777 said:
I tried the latest Wiiflow last night. Same sort of issues... SSB Brawl gets to wiiflow's loading screen and stalls out, and the rest of my games if I start them, it restarts my wii.

I've tried other loaders, and that didn't do anything. I made sure I followed the softmodding guide correctly, and I did. I don't know if it's my usb device that's causing this, but if it is I'll know since I'm gonna buy one that's confirmed working on the compatibility list.

If anyone knows what else this might be, I could really use some help.
Try to get a burned DVD backup and try to play that. If it works fine it's probably your USB drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!