OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi

So i bought this white used wii 2 days ago (serial LU37).... firmware 4.0.

it seems it was not used a lot, and no previously modified, so i download the latest modmii (i think 4.6.1)

and modified the wii (now 4.1, that was the recommended FW by modmii)

i tried wii backup, no problem, i tried usb loading, no problem, but when i tried tales of symphonia, the intro was very stagger (i think this is the word... ), then when i load my save file, i think audio was fine, but gameplay was like in slow motion, i could play perfectly but everything was very very slow

i dont know whats the problem

i tried neogamma R9 beta 50, cios d2x56v6 (249)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sounds like your Wii is having a lot of trouble reading the disc. Are you using one of those mini DVDs? They are bad. Only use the best media you can find for console dvd drives in general.

You can do the same stuff that gets Baten Kaitos to work, to improve the reading speed a little. But the most important is to use a good disc, with a bad disc, this method won't help much.
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I have never used bad media, only verbatim and sony, and the disc was sony dvd-r (not mini)

this same disc i tried on my gf wii, and run without any problems

she has a different cios and neogamma version thought..... i have the newest... maybe thats the problem...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, try with disabled reloader. If that doesn't get you a speedup, you can try an older version of NeoGamma, but i right now i don't see why it could be faster.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DbGt said:
I have never used bad media, only verbatim and sony, and the disc was sony dvd-r (not mini)

this same disc i tried on my gf wii, and run without any problems

she has a different cios and neogamma version thought..... i have the newest... maybe thats the problem...
Gamecube games use cMIOS, not cIOS249.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
There's no such thing as a cIOS249,Lol, I'm pretty sure you know I mean a cIOS in slot 249.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Aug 7 2011, 03:23 AM) and gamecube backups require a cMIOS and a cIOS.
You mean once the gamecube backup is launched, the cIOS revision has an effect on the gamecube game? I don't see how that makes sense.
unsure.gif
You know more about this than I do (I only have like 2 GC games and never play them), but I'm always seeking to learn more. I'd really appreciate it if you would explain it to me so I don't give wrong info in the future.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cIOS and cMIOS are both required to get gamecube backups to work. But the cIOS is not used anymore as soon as the cMIOS is started. And if you use NeoGamma(and not use the patched MIOS option...), the cMIOS is only used to boot the gamecube backup launcher(in GC mode).

Back to the topic:
How are the noise levels on both Wiis? I expect the slow one to be much louder.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I had that trouble too, and my DVD drive was fine.

Make sure you run Gamecube games in 480i (interlaced) rather than 480p. I believe Neogamma can force most GC games to run into 480p (progressive). This can be set while in the neogamma Gamecube Settings (before you run a GC game).

And also, if you ever manage to run a Gamecube game in 480p make sure it is enabled while in-game, rathen than forcing 480p mode

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah, so the game is running exactly at 50% speed during everything? Makes sense. If a game does the timing of stuff by the frames, it will go down to half speed because interlaced has 2x the frames progressive has. That's the reason why most PAL games run slower than NTSC games btw.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
cIOS and cMIOS are both required to get gamecube backups to work. But the cIOS is not used anymore as soon as the cMIOS is started. And if you use NeoGamma(and not use the patched MIOS option...), the cMIOS is only used to boot the gamecube backup launcher(in GC mode).

Back to the topic:
How are the noise levels on both Wiis? I expect the slow one to be much louder.
Thanks for the info. Now I know three times as much about GC games than I did yesterday.
wink.gif

DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks for all your help! sorry for not answering earlier but i was busy

of course i have cMios installed... otherwise the game wouldnt run at all...

i dont have right now the tales of symphonia disc to check (is from my gf), but just now i burned skies of arcadia and tried it...

at first it didnt worked at all, it did not even booted(?)... not reaching the gamecube backup loader screen, it just hanged with a lot of vertical and horizontal green lines all over the screen

then i powered off the wii, and tried again, now forcing 480i (because in fact, i have component cables and 480p enabled) and with the reloader disabled as you suggested, and it worked!!! no audio or gameplay problems, everything running at normal speed!

but it is weird... because my gf has also component cables and 480p enabled, but not this problem at all

well.... im downloading now tales of symphonia to test it, hope everything goes ok

thanks a lot for your help =)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DbGt said:
[...]
at first it didnt worked at all, it did not even booted(?)... not reaching the gamecube backup loader screen, it just hanged with a lot of vertical and horizontal green lines all over the screen

then i powered off the wii, and tried again, now forcing 480i (because in fact, i have component cables and 480p enabled) and with the reloader disabled as you suggested, and it worked!!! no audio or gameplay problems, everything running at normal speed!

[...]

The crash when switching to GC mode sometimes happens, and i'm not really sure why. But i think using my cMIOS instead of WiiGator's might help to reduce the frequency of the crashes.

Hmm, and i thought 480i doesn't work with component cables. Well, i guess it makes sense.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
WiiPower said:
DbGt said:
[...]

[...]

The crash when switching to GC mode sometimes happens, and i'm not really sure why. But i think using my cMIOS instead of WiiGator's might help to reduce the frequency of the crashes.

Hmm, and i thought 480i doesn't work with component cables. Well, i guess it makes sense.

480i with component cables work like a charm Wiipower, even if you keep the B button upon starting a progressive scan game capable (480i settings on Neogamma) , it'll ask you if you want to run the game with progressive scan! And it indeed works beautiful (the in-game interlaced to progressive scan) like Super Mario Sunshine or Melee.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1