Hacking Neogamma black screen. Help appreciated.

Frozenstreaks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here we go. I have backed up my wii with no issues, but now my parents want their wii to play backups so I went and got it and upgraded it to 4.2 like a moron. So I modded it successfully using the guide here: Modify any Wii 4.2 & below. I was able to play Nintendo games from the HBC using my USB drive, but for some reason I can't install Neogamma from the HBC it just gives me a black screen. I was stuck for awhile and then loaded Neogamma as a wad and I thought that I had finally worked around the issue, but to no avail it was screwed up too. As soon as I try to load the program it goes into the blackscreen which forces me to hold the power button to turn it off. I've been reading for awhile and searching so I'm sorry if this issue has been brought up before, but I could not find it.
According to the installation page from the link I have these installed:
cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
cIOS222[38+37]-v4.wad
cIOS223[38]-v4.wad
cIOS249-v17.wad
cIOS250-v17.wad
And I'm sure I did it right, but I could install again I guess. Or should I install Cios 38 rev 17 from here: Cios 38 Rev 17. Again any help is appreciated. And this is my first post after awhile of reading this site so Hello
smile.gif

Edit: I just tried installing the latest Neogamma (R8RC1) in a wad and I got into the actual screen to launch a backup and it gives me a dvd 1039 error with an original disc or a backup. Also the wii won't sync up with the wii mote while in the neogamma channel. I had to use a GC controller to navigate the menu.

Frozenstreaks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I fixed it lol. Thanks for like the 30 of you who viewed this and if anyone else is having the same problem try using this guide after you back up your Nand through bootmii and have preloader installed on your wii. Make sure you can run it by holding your reset button which takes you to preloader if installed and then hitting the home button on your wii mote so you can get to bootmii. That should be the first thing you do before you mod anything anyways. Also make sure to have it backed up on your computer with the date or a description of what state the wii was in etc.

Here is the guide I used:Guide Here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show