Neogamma Black and white rolling screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Benjerman, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Benjerman
    OP

Benjerman Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2013
    United States
    I am trying to play Sim City Creator on Neogamma, but it says "Required IOS 35". The game loads, but its in black and white and rolling.
    I installed the cios's needed for neogamma. But I have never heard of this "ios 35"

And yes, I own the game. The disc is damaged. I downloaded a new ISO and used IMG Burn to write it to a DVD-R 8x using speen 2x.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

2. Benjerman
    OP

Benjerman Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2013
    United States
    By the way, Im a noob, so in depth help would be greatly appreciated :)

3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Sure it was IOS35? WiiBrew doesn't list that game as one that uses it. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS35

Anyway, assuming you do in fact live in the US and you're using an NTSC Wii, it sounds like you may have downloaded a PAL ISO of the game. Somewhere in the NeoGamma settings should be an option to force the video mode to NSTC, which ought to fix your problem. Or just download an NTSC ISO of the game.

4. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Definitely sounds like what happens when you try to run a PAL signal on an NTSC TV. But if you really think you have an IOS problem, try modmii.

5. Benjerman
    OP

Benjerman Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2013
    United States
    Thanks! I tried switching to NTSC mode, and I got a green screen when I tried loading the game. And I found out that it was, in fact, a PAL torrent I downloaded. (stupid me). If I download a USA torrent would my problem be fixed? I want to make sure, because I have a slow connection and it will literally take all day long to download.

Thanks!

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Usually changing the video settings can fix the problem, but if it does not work, you will need to use an NTSC backup, not a PAL one.

7. Benjerman
    OP

Benjerman Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2013
    United States
    I figured I'd also download iso35 and try that too. I downloaded the latest version of ISO35 with NUS downloader. How do I install it?

8. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
  9. Benjerman
    OP

Benjerman Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2013
    United States
    Sicklyboy.

The link to the download page is no longer valid :(

10. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    Some games that get the black and white rolling screen in neogamma cannot be fixed. Try loading with a usb loader.

11. Benjerman
    OP

Benjerman Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2013
    United States
    Ok, so I'll purchase a USB drive today if i can. Will I be able to load PAL games without the rolling b&w screen then?