Hacking Neo Mario Galaxy riivolution patcher

viktormax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I release this tool to pach the original Super Mario Galaxy 2 to Neo Mario Galaxy, currently this tool is only in spanish, I need help to translate it to english
Supports PAL, NTSC & JAP version of iso or wbfs
I accept pull request to improve this tool, it can be adapted for others riivolution mods and other wii games PM me for info

EDIT:
New patcher :creep: think i will create a new post for this
Full readme in github.

https://github.com/viktormax3/SMG-Riiv-to-WBFS

Last edited by viktormax,

viktormax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So i was able to patch the iso but my dolphin continues to crash, do you have any idea how i could fix this?
currently this version works badly with dolphin, I am working on an update but I have complicated a little because of problems with my computer
try use nmgx01.txt as cheat code on dolphin

viktormax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I made one update of this script,
Multilingual (English, Spanish, Deutsch partially)
Added support to smg 1 & 2
Added support to various mods
Download mods via The script
Fix a lot of errors
Full automated process of patch

But no have a decent internet connection to upload :( I promise upload this coming week, sorry for my English is not the best

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the cheat code did work but ice flower isnt showing up

Send me a savegame file, to verify what this problem

Reactions: Pete4747

viktormax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
When you say it supports other mods, would it be simple to patch a mod such as smg the lost levels mod? If so I very much need this.

Yes i added SMG lostlevels DEMO to patcher i only need upload :/

Looks good, will defenetly try it out... :)

Actually, this version does not work so well it is only for testing, as you progress in the game it does not work properly, in theory it should be solved

Reactions: Pete4747

Pete4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i added SMG lostlevels DEMO to patcher i only need upload :/

Well, whenever you are able to upload I am excited. I was able to get it to work in dolphin using the cheat method, but I don't want to play too much if you say progress won't work properly.

Pete4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have tried to use the newer version and it won't apply any mods. Also when I try to download them it says something went wrong with a temporary file. Am I doing something wrong?

Pete4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have tested the application (which is great by the way) and I have been able to get it to work with Neo Mario Galaxy and Kaizo Mario Galaxy mods. However, when trying to patch the other mods it causes the .bat file to crash. Not sure if it's on my end or not. Also, the Super Mario Galaxy 64 mod creates the wbfs file, but crashes when starting the first level on dolphin.

Last edited by Pete4747,

viktormax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So I have tested the application (which is great by the way) and I have been able to get it to work with Neo Mario Galaxy and Kaizo Mario Galaxy mods. However, when trying to patch the other mods it causes the .bat file to crash. Not sure if it's on my end or not. Also, the Super Mario Galaxy 64 mod creates the wbfs file, but crashes when starting the first level on dolphin.

Neo mario galaxy
SM64 Holiday Special
SMG Lost Levels

Are dependent on memory patches currently they are not working in Dolphin, and in real console they work partially
I need to modify the location of the memory patches so that they work correctly, but I had some problems, thanks for feedback

This patcher is mainly for NMG, so non-NMG mods may or may not work.

Initially it was only for NMG, I am adapting it for the other mods that I got on the web

Pete4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, using the application I was able to create an ISO of Neo Mario galaxy that works in dolphin by putting the text provided into the gecko code as suggested. I'm not sure if it is perfect, but it launches and is able to load the first level (I haven't had time to play it). The other mods just crash the patcher itself, aside from SM64 which crashes in dolphin.

Edit: Just an update, I was able to get SMG64 to launch on dolphin using the code in the cheats the way as nmg, however when trying to build other mods, the patcher will decompress the game to 100% then close out. I also would like to know if it was possible if I could make a custom banner and name for the mod currently.

Last edited by Pete4747,

viktormax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Actually, using the application I was able to create an ISO of Neo Mario galaxy that works in dolphin by putting the text provided into the gecko code as suggested. I'm not sure if it is perfect, but it launches and is able to load the first level (I haven't had time to play it). The other mods just crash the patcher itself, aside from SM64 which crashes in dolphin.

Edit: Just an update, I was able to get SMG64 to launch on dolphin using the code in the cheats the way as nmg, however when trying to build other mods, the patcher will decompress the game to 100% then close out. I also would like to know if it was possible if I could make a custom banner and name for the mod currently.

Dolphin has support only for small cheats, so it does not work well

Check what you tell me that the other games cause the escript close, i think the problem is with the english language

Pete4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have gone through and tried every mod several times and they all crash the program. It goes through the decompressing the mod step perfectly, then it gets to the decompressing the game step, it goes all the way to 99% and then it completely closes. I tried using it in other languages, which didn't affect it. I try the SMG2 new green stars in it and it crashes, but I try it in the version 1.1 that is also in there and the mod works. It works with Neo MG, SMG64, and Kaizo MG, I have gotten those to all work.

Reactions: viktormax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over