Gaming Neo-Geo Multiplayer with 2 joy-cons.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So after having seen conflicting reports about the Neo-Geo games not running multiplayer with 2 joycons here is my discovery, sorry if this is common knowledge but the process is rather obtuse.

If you select 'controlers' on the main switch menu then 'change Grip/order' and pair the joycons separate you can then start the Neo-Geo game and play it multiplayer.

It seems to start a separate instance of the game from playing with both joycons together and doesn't seem to save any settings. If anybody knows how to save your game options in multiplayer please let me know.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea havent been posted but something i learn from bomberman R.
The same thing happens i couldnt add another player until i ungroup the controller.
I hope they add a shortcut to this on the long home button press menu.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea havent been posted but something i learn from bomberman R.
The same thing happens i couldnt add another player until i ungroup the controller.
I hope they add a shortcut to this on the long home button press menu.
Yeah it's a bit of a crap way of syncing controls, I'm thinking we should get some qol adjustments to the process in the future.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Neo-Geo on the Switch?
Am I missing something?
Think Virtual Console in the eshop, I'm not sure what they're labelling them as, arcade or something but they're overpriced neo-geo ports essentially, good time fillers till something comes out though, we are doing no continues 50 lives runs on metal slug 3 atm.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not quite emulation, but ports, they had an update last night that fixes color/sound issues, apparently near perfect now.
Oh so they are some sort of eShop Games, ported from Neo-Geo, but not ROMs being ran through the Virtual Console then.
Weird that they went that way, but it's something I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0