Neo Geo Mini

Tarexmd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really just want a rotating attract mode that rotates between the roms without me having to individually run them....

FreePlayFlorida

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well as they announced a xmas edition with 48 titles, over the 40, hopefully some way of at least getting those titles on it, nice little device, and hopeful some talented person works out how to add roms to it :D

Reactions: eastx

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i can confirm. this thing is password locked.serial communication requires a username and password in order to access it the linux distro in it. since we dont know what it is.... unless the company tells us (lol i doubt it) i doubt this will become the entry point. only other way, is if someone desolders the nand and does a whole dump of it and reverse engineers it i guess. however that is not something i have tools or something i would like to delve into. a shame really.

StiNKy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i can confirm. this thing is password locked.serial communication requires a username and password in order to access it the linux distro in it. since we dont know what it is.... unless the company tells us (lol i doubt it) i doubt this will become the entry point. only other way, is if someone desolders the nand and does a whole dump of it and reverse engineers it i guess. however that is not something i have tools or something i would like to delve into. a shame really.
If you're a programmer, I can help you get setup with trying to access it via USB.

Reactions: eastx

StiNKy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I can issue control transfers and bulk transfers. I disassembled some of the firmware writing tools for similar chips to figure out what's sent over bulk transfer, tried some of the commands, but only one it responds successfully to.

gothi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any reason why you guys can’t discuss it in the open? The more information that’s shared means more people can see what’s been done and potentially build upon it and some progress is made.

Keeping it to PMs means less visibility and less progress.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you guys get anywhere with this? I really want to get League Bowling on there and refuse to buy that ridiculous looking Christmas edition.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since, there is no hack on the horizon I decided to pass the time making it a proper portable. I know you can just plug in a usb power bank but that's not 1337 way to do things. Yes, I'm old and still call things leet :/

Anyway, I used an Adafruit Powerboost 1000C and a 3.7V Lipo. The console has tons of room inside under the pcb for pretty huge batteries if you wanted.

I also stuck a Qi wireless receiver inside so I don't have to mess with cables anymore.

The only actual modding I did was a tiny hole on the bottom for the master power switch.

kvTURcx.jpg

So, there's a video on Youtube where someone has done this and put everything under the bottom lid. The problem with that is there is not really enough room and if you look at his video closely you will see that the lid doesn't fit flush anymore. I decided to put my Qi receiver inside the back of the console instead. Here it is happily charging away on my Samsung pad..

vMbDD6R.jpg

Last edited by subcon959,

TheSnke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like someone has hacked it. Now we just need to edit the burning image which is child's play.

How would you go about modifying the image? I can't seem to get into it.

I really only dreamed of NeoGeo and CPS games on this, so I'm cracking up at all these Disney Gameboy game and the like thrown on here :P

EDIT: Never mind, I ended up figuring out how to edit the image (it appears to just be a copy of the structure for a portable emulation machine called the Dingoo), but now when I open the app to flash again, it immediately closes before I can even select the vendor file.

Last edited by TheSnke,

rrifonas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would you go about modifying the image? I can't seem to get into it.

I really only dreamed of NeoGeo and CPS games on this, so I'm cracking up at all these Disney Gameboy game and the like thrown on here :P

EDIT: Never mind, I ended up figuring out how to edit the image (it appears to just be a copy of the structure for a portable emulation machine called the Dingoo), but now when I open the app to flash again, it immediately closes before I can even select the vendor file.

I haven't tried flashing my device yet, but I've seen the tool saves some files in C:\ProgramData. You can search for files there and try to delete them.
I want to backup my device before flashing this update, but I couldn't find how to do that yet ("Actions Pad" tools doesn't have options for backup and serial UART asks for username/password).

I'm still wondering from where these files came from. I couldn't find the .fw file anywhere in the Internet, it seems the menu was hacked - it can potentially load files from a USB device in the controller 2 port -, and emulators are from Dingoo - but with different versions from what I've found.

TheSnke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to open up vendor.img and mess around with the files, but I still can't get Actions Pad Tool to stop crashing. This is perplexing to me considering it worked perfectly the first time.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
2 player games work great using a pad in second usb port with this hack, just tested final fight out. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next