Neo Geo Emulator Question

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by voyagerxp, Jan 16, 2012.

1. voyagerxp
    OP

voyagerxp Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    I want a neo geo emulator for my slim psp 2000 but what is the best emulator. Also is there only set amount of games that play on it, i want to play wrestle fest and wwf superstars but not sure if they would play. Any help would be great.

2. Arnold Schwarzen

Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    There's this: http://gbatemp.net/t...etro-emulators/

And I get why you'd ask, you gotta click on other emulators then look for MVSPSP or other emulator that will run your Neo Geo games. I don't know if there's anything better but I've used that one a good while ever since I hacked my 2000 and it's run mostly great, everything I throw at it running flawless with the exception of minor visual bugs in Mark of The Wolves.

EDIT: I remember there being a version that takes advantage of the extra memory on the Slims so I'd look for that version.

3. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    MVSPSP is essentially perfect so that's the one you'd want. But having had a quick browse of the Neo Geo library i'm slightly confused about which games you're referring to.

4. DeltaBladeX

DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Don't know about Wrestle Fest, but WWF Superstars is a regular arcade game according to GameFAQs.

5. voyagerxp
    OP

voyagerxp Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    I thought neo geo and mame were the same thing, so i guess i can't play them on the psp.

WWF WRESTLE FEST

[​IMG]

6. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    MAME is awful on the PSP...NeoGeo is almost perfect. If it's MAME you want then you're essentially screwed.

7. voyagerxp
    OP

voyagerxp Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    I've managed to get a demo of FBA V12 DEMO7 with the wrestle fest arcade rom and it runs great.