Status
Not open for further replies.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Someone commented earlier that they probably won't release the hack to the public for fear of using it for a warez/ROM loader. If they (the hackers) are going to withhold the hack that allows homebrew on the 3DS, why bother making a public announcement at all?

Page 15 I believe.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
why bother making a public announcement at all?
Last I checked they didn't. They posted some info to the sites they run (3DSbrew, etc.) and OTHER PEOPLE are going around re-reporting the progress.

I see this happen a lot with Minecraft, too. :\ One of the devs will say something on their blog or something and everybody's all "Wahhh why are they posting it on all these sites I don't like reading it wahhh" and I have to point out that they're not the ones doing it.

kirox777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me personally, I would love to see the 3ds hacking scene finally take flight. I think there are so many things that can be updated or "fixed", like multitasking for instance.. it's currently oh so limited on the 3ds. As well as that other cool system menu mods that most likely will never come about relying on nintendo themselves; a simple music player hack to disable song pausing when returning to home menu would be greatly appreciated!
It's the little tweaks like these that always makes jailbreaking anything so totally worth it! Emulators and Cool apps are like the bonus gifts you get imo. It would be a good idea when considering to release the exploit, to do so secretly first to trusted people for a reasonable amount of time so everyone has a chance to download. Like how wololo does with his 'ninja' releases. In fact i would love to have wololo ninja releasing the exploit just a week or so before it's publicly announced. That would be so awesome!! ^.^

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

chookz

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This chicken has full Colonel control...

colonelcontrol_zpsc93fb547.jpg

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Will be interesting to see if this hack will ever see the light of day, then again if one person has done it another could too
That's why I've decided to keep my old original 3DS and keep it on old firmware after getting my XL, maybe a year from now some hobbyist will find something. But if nothing pops up, which is the most likely thing to happen, then it would never really affect me since I primarily will use my XL instead during that time.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I know is that I will NEVER buy a 3DS (or Vita, or any other future handheld) unless it's hacked to play ROMs. It's just not worth the purchase otherwise.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Please stop bumping this thread. Every time I see it on 'What's New' my heart skips a beat as I think the 3DS has been hacked. Only to be crushed 2 seconds later with the realisation that it's this thread title again. :(
Damn you guys bumping this thread. Every time I see this thread pop up in the sidebar my hopes get up, only to be crushed 5 seconds later.

dejavue lol

maybe there twins

chookz

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WooHoo I get my first 3DS today...!

Day off work tomorrow: Check
Game: Mariokart 7... I hope it's good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids