• Views 301,731
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm using UNEEK2O so this seemed like the best place.
When I load SaveGame Manager into cios249d2x6 using Homebrew Filter I get a black screen for awhile until the app loads and my controller disconnects and won't sync until I restart to Wii.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why aren't the icons I made included?
I think you created icons for obcd's app? I never got any icon from you
Oh, I thought BootNeek/BootNand went together with neek2o. Do you want icons? If so, just post a request in the thread in my sig.
Thanks man, but for this app I don't need an icon. This app is only for in a channel. obcd is working on an app for in hbc and postloader and thats why he needs the icon. I will keep it in mind and let you know when I need one

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this, but I'm using UNEEK2O so this seemed like the best place.
When I load SaveGame Manager into cios249d2x6 using Homebrew Filter I get a black screen for awhile until the app loads and my controller disconnects and won't sync until I restart to Wii.
The d2x cioss aren't supported by neek.. instead use cios14 (i think) to run apps like SaveGame Manager. Another thing you could try is to change the ios of the app to 56 for example

B

BryceOne

I've used uneek-di before but I want to try out this need2o, mainly for the switching nands on-the-fly feature. I use emunands for wiiware/vc titles only, and i 3 different nands (Wiiware #-F, Wiiware G-R, and Wiiware S-Z) that worked on uneek-di. I have Bootmii at Boot2 installed, and was using a channel to switch to uneek and allowed me to select my nands. I want to remove my bootmii and sneek files and start fresh with ones made from modmii. Are the nands on my USB still ok in the same location? (ex: USB://NANDS/Wiiware G-R).

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, but for this app I don't need an icon. This app is only for in a channel. obcd is working on an app for in hbc and postloader and thats why he needs the icon. I will keep it in mind and let you know when I need one
Lol, I was wondering why there wasn't even a meta.xml file included. Anyway, if you need a channel screenshot or an icon for a new app (or a replacement icon), feel free to ask.

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way is to use modmii. It defaults to using our elf files and creating neek2o instead of neek.
If you use the Crediar installer with our elf files, you will become neek2o as well. kernel.bin goes into sd//sneek and usb:/sneek. di.bin in usb:/sneek.
On our google page, you will find an application and a channel to boot into neek2o.
Make sure you delete the diconfig.bin before you run it. If your games folder is empty, delete it. Make sure you have at least 1 wbfs game in the wbfs folder.

@leic7. If I open my usb gecko virtual comport with putty, sneek starts fine with the usb gecko plugged in. I haven't found a way yet to make it boot with the usb gecko in and the port not opened.
It should work with other applications monitoring the gecko output as well.
use ModMii
from main menu type "s", then "1", then the rest is self explanatory.
When it's done building neek2o, rename (or delete) the old sneek folders on your sd card and usb hdd to something else and copy over the new folders ModMii made for u.

then install this channel to load neek
http://custom-di.goo...neek2o_NK2O.wad

or u can just use this app instead of the channel
http://custom-di.goo...les/nswitch.rar

Thank you very much, i followed your instructions and it worked, i had to re-download the games cover, but that is the least of my problems. i was using usb_cfg loader.

JavierE.Babiloni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep getting black screen when i launch the channels.....what am i doing wrong??? i need help please

edit:got it to work but now everytime i try to launch homebrew filter i get black screen why??

edit 2:so i was trying to do something on postloader and it moved my nand so i deleted it and started again...and once again it doesnt work :(

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between nswitch and nboot? I've been using nboot.dol to boot into neek2o and just really want to know the difference between the two.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the difference between nswitch and nboot? I've been using nboot.dol to boot into neek2o and just really want to know the difference between the two.
n switch is like the switch 2 uneek channel, it goes on real nand an neek2o nand. an you can switch between them instead of turning the wii off to go back to real nand.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@MLRX
neek2o doesn't use Cios. If you are unable to switch to the IOS a homebrew application is using, you can try to install a plain ios in that slot. For instance, install IOS56 in slot 249 of your neek2o nand, and the application should run again.
Be aware that what used to be an emulated nand for the application has now become the real nand. The app doesn't know that it's running in a neek2o environment. Another issue is the fact that homebrew applications can't access the usb drive, unless they are made neek2o compatible.

@BryceOnce.
neek2o also uses the nands/xxxx/yyyy folder structure. xxxx is the global folder holding the nand folders and yyyy are the nand folders. It will create one additional folder sneekcache that holds the channelcache.bin file, as that one is different for every nand.

@JavierE.Babilonia
every time something changes in the nands folder, you need to delete the sneek/nandcfg.bin file. Make sure you don't have any invalid nands under the nands folder as there is no way to tell which one the system will use first. Be aware that nands that might work perfectly with channel loaders, don't necessairily work with neek2o as well. Also make sure you don't have an empty games or wbfs folder on your usb drive. You need at least one game, either in wbfs or in the games folder. If you don't have a game there, delete the folder. simply start with 1 game of the format gameid.wbfs in the wbfs folder,
and add more once things are running as expected. delete the diconfig.bin file if something changed in your games or wbfs folder. neek2o can run on emulated nands in a subfolder. Most older programs rename the nand folders so that they appear in the root of your usb drive. This method is incompatible with the new situation.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
I've used uneek-di before but I want to try out this need2o, mainly for the switching nands on-the-fly feature. I use emunands for wiiware/vc titles only, and i 3 different nands (Wiiware #-F, Wiiware G-R, and Wiiware S-Z) that worked on uneek-di. I have Bootmii at Boot2 installed, and was using a channel to switch to uneek and allowed me to select my nands. I want to remove my bootmii and sneek files and start fresh with ones made from modmii. Are the nands on my USB still ok in the same location? (ex: USB://NANDS/Wiiware G-R).

I don't see any reason why you can't just move to one big NAND now. Unlike old versions of SNEEK where I certainly couldn't get past a black screen when using a big NAND (despite the fact that it should have worked...), NEEK2O has no such problem. Sure, startup takes a tad longer with a single large NAND but I prefer the elegance of it (not to mention having to sync miis etc. across multiple NANDs).

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Soon, a method will arrive that hides channels for the system menu. It shouldn't slow down anymore afterwards.
I hope it solves banner bricks of bad channels as well.
(When they are hidden the system menu isn't loading the banner annimation anymore.)

cippazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I don't know where is the problem, but it happens that if I have many channels (e.g. > 50) in my neek NAND and I start neek2o AND there is no channelcache.bin in the sneek folder of my nand, everything is fine. Next time I start neek2o AND channelcache.bin exists, then I have a black screen.
Deleting channelcache.bin and retrying, everything is fine.
Keep in mind that this happens only if I have many channels in the nand.
Maybe it's a problem related to a bad wad ? If so, why neek2o starts if there is no chennelcache.bin, and it goes to a black screen if channelcache.bin already exists ? any help ?
If you want I can do some testing.
Is there a way to create a neek2o log ?

thanks for support

bye,
Cip

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have made a small update about the situation in the first post.
It's not the first time people report having problems with their neek nand if multiple channels are installed. We will need to check this out.
Basically, neek2o has some logging. if you create an eslog.txt file in the sneek folder, it should append it's logging information to that file.
If you create a cdilog.txt file, the di module will add some logging to it. It can contain anything. The moduule just checks for it's existance.
We haven't really changed much on the way neek handles channels in neek2o. All we did was moving the channelcache.bin file from the
sneek folder to a new sneekcache folder that is considered one of the nand folders.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have made a small update about the situation in the first post.
It's not the first time people report having problems with their neek nand if multiple channels are installed. We will need to check this out.
Basically, neek2o has some logging. if you create an eslog.txt file in the sneek folder, it should append it's logging information to that file.
If you create a cdilog.txt file, the di module will add some logging to it. It can contain anything. The moduule just checks for it's existance.
We haven't really changed much on the way neek handles channels in neek2o. All we did was moving the channelcache.bin file from the
sneek folder to a new sneekcache folder that is considered one of the nand folders.
MMM, handy to know...is there more logging we can turn on to help you guys?

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried a search and didn't find anything, but I'm wondering if I have to install BootMii as IOS separately even if I have it installed as boot2 if I want to be able to launch neek2o from the system menu. I'm not quite ready to boot straight to it yet, but I want to be able to test without switch2neek or anything.

I have it functioning with a 4.3U nand (ModMii), so I know it works, but I'd like to just launch it (as I think I can do with the nboot app).

Thanks in advance

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Soon, a method will arrive that hides channels for the system menu. It shouldn't slow down anymore afterwards.
I hope it solves banner bricks of bad channels as well.
(When they are hidden the system menu isn't loading the banner annimation anymore.)
not sure if you're aware, but there's already an app that can do that, it's called snort48+
It's kinda sorta stable, but I'm sure whatever your referring to will be equally awesome or even more so :D

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies the other day everyone. Tried everything suggested, but still cannot get this to work. Got Sneek working, but Uneek, Uneek+di and Sneek+di do not work for me. Tried different HDD and a flash drive, but still black screen and flashing drive light.

JavierE.Babiloni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why cant i launch homebrew filter???i get black screen....... im basically stuck with a wii menu that has homebrew filter and disk channel and cant do anything else to it!!! why???

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why cant i launch homebrew filter???i get black screen....... im basically stuck with a wii menu that has homebrew filter and disk channel and cant do anything else to it!!! why???
how long did you wait for filter to load, it takes about 20-30 seconds to load.(will give blackscreen first, then you'll see the throbber, then it will load.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think