• Start date
  • Views 301,694
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
power down then try again. I've had that happen to me a couple times on the first boot of a clean nand... basically on the rare occasion the emulated system menu won't load immediately after expanding files

Thanks for the reply XFlak, but after doing this about 10 times now, still the same result.

Just to add, I still only have shared1, sys, ticket and title in nands\nand1 folder.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can try using your own nand backup as your emunand. Extract it using showmiiwads or nandextract

I've heard others report that they have had greater success booting clean ModMii emunands off of an sd card, let the files expand, then copy the nand+expanded files to the usb for use with uneek.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I just can't get this to work at all (I only ever got sneek to work once in the past). Built uneek+di, and 4.2 nand with ModMii, and copied all from copy_to_sd to sd, copied all from copy_to_usb to usb, but all I get is flashing drive light and nothing ever happens.
Is your USB drive formatted in FAT32 with a cluster size of 32kb or lower? (link on how to do this) This isn't a detail in any way, and I believe the standard way of formatting is with 64kb cluster size.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do we post problem matic games for neek2o? Cause Monopoly [S75P69] doesn't seem to be working on any USB loader I've tried nor in FST format. The game extracted just fine :) but it still could be a bad dump. Can anyone confirm? Also is it normal for my nand dump of my Wii not to go to the SM at all when priibooter asks where I want to go? It goes as far as the health screen and then it's blacks out from there but it's fully functionable from Priiloader for the most part; exception when I tell it to goto system menu or try and load priiloader channel to more easily access priiloader.

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two quick questions:

1) Is a guide for proper install forthcoming?

2) I see that a couple people run games in their native nand. What is the benefit to doing this?

Thanks!

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
for those who had blinking light on the drive bay, just copy a nand on the root folder. That will fix everything. Once you have booted to system menu, you delete the nand you copied on your root folder, since nands in nandcfg.bin is already registered.

this happens rarely to me though. you have to powercycle your Wii until it the blinking light is resolved. But the definite fix for this is to place a nand on root folder, although NEEK2O will not use the nand in root folder, only in nands if it's existing.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@madhartigan

1. yes, I am working on one. Luckily (or maybe not) I am facing some issues I need to dig out myself as well. That's what is delaying things a little. Sorry about it.
2. What do you mean with nantive nand? If you mean a nand created from a backup of your real nand? It has the advantages that all your gamesaves and installed channels
will be directly available in neek2o as well. You also won't need to do the setup procedure over again. Also know that an emulated nand for channels on a normal environment is
the real nand in the neek2o environment. neek2o don't only use the nand for it's channels, but for everything.

@akari212
neek2o will use the nand in the root folder if the nands folder and the nandcfg.bin file doesn't exist. nandcfg.bin is created automatically if the nands folder is found on the harddisk.
(on the sd card in case of sneek2o)

Reactions: 1 person

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
neek2o will use the nand in the root folder if the nands folder and the nandcfg.bin file doesn't exist. nandcfg.bin is created automatically if the nands folder is found on the harddisk.
(on the sd card in case of sneek2o)

I dont know. It just happens to me, maybe not for you, but it happens for me sometimes. It may happen to some users. Im just saying it anyway just in case.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe it's your harddisk not responding fast enough, hard to tell.
I just wanted to correct the statement a little that neek2o isn't doing anything with the nand folders on the root of the harddisk,
as it might help in understanding why a nand on the root could make a difference.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1) I added a lot of Wiiware to the NAND (about 200 titles) using showmiiwads, but then NEEK2O/UNEEK stops with a black screen at loading time. If I add only a few Wiiware, then it loads. What can it be ? If it could be a single WAD causing the hang, is there a program to check WADs validity ?
Nope, to make sure its valid, install them in your NEEK2O nand with MMM or another WAD installer.
OK, I will try. But can you confirm that, for my case, the only reason NEEK2O hangs while loading is due to a bad WAD and not because of the high number of installed WAD in the nand ?
loading wiiware/vc and checking now...will let you know later
Im having problems with a 7.8GB nand; the same one I tested many times with Snort48+ under uneek+di so I know it used to work but after a few transfer back and forth from pc to hdd it no longer works. The main issue here is apps like Mighty Channels or PL3 see it just fine but neek no longer recognizes it :(
OK, had the same problem, after adding a lot of wiiware/vc games...
What i tried after was deleting games (with ShowMiiWads) up to a point where the nand would load again in neek2o.
But it didn't anymore, not even when i deleted all games..

I guess obcd was right, it was a bad WAD, at least in my case..i did not try MC to see it if loaded the nand.
Now i am going to add games more slowly to see where it goes wrong..

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@madhartigan

1. yes, I am working on one. Luckily (or maybe not) I am facing some issues I need to dig out myself as well. That's what is delaying things a little. Sorry about it.
2. What do you mean with nantive nand?

@obcd - Thank you for the reply and great software.

I certainly understand that documentation can take some time. I'm just hoping to make sure I install all of this in the best manner possible. Hopefully the few issues you're facing are easily remedied with little effort. Between this thread and the assistance I can find on IRC, I'm sure I can get things installed properly without a guide.

When I said "native" nand, I meant "native" to the region for which the game was sold. A couple users seem to be interested in making use of that auto-switching nand feature stfour is putting (has already put?) into PL3 and OverjoY seems to already have in JoyFlow. Are games from different regions only playable by nands "from" their specific region? I'm pretty sure all of my stuff is from the same region ("U"), but if I come across some kid's collection at a yard sale and he's got rare stuff, I'd like to know how well those backups would play in this setup if they're from a different region.

Thank you for all the great work!!

ADD:

nevermind on the region thing . . .

NOTES:

postloader support automatically 4 different nands/nands/pl_eu for euro pal nand/nands/pl_us for usa nand/nands/pl_jp for japan nand/nands/pl_kr for korean nandIf the region if different from default, postloader is not capable of run directly the game. So the new region system menu will be displayed with the disc inserted.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@madhartigan

2. What do you mean with nantive nand?

@obcd - Thank you for the reply and great software.

I certainly understand that documentation can take some time. I'm just hoping to make sure I install all of this in the best manner possible. Hopefully the few issues you're facing are easily remedied with little effort. Between this thread and the assistance I can find on IRC, I'm sure I can get things installed properly without a guide.

When I said "native" nand, I meant "native" to the region for which the game was sold. A couple users seem to be interested in making use of that auto-switching nand feature stfour is putting (has already put?) into PL3 and OverjoY seems to already have in JoyFlow. Are games from different regions only playable by nands "from" their specific region? I'm pretty sure all of my stuff is from the same region ("U"), but if I come across some kid's collection at a yard sale and he's got rare stuff, I'd like to know how well those backups would play in this setup if they're from a different region.

Thank you for all the great work!!

ADD:

nevermind on the region thing . . .

NOTES:

postloader support automatically 4 different nands/nands/pl_eu for euro pal nand/nands/pl_us for usa nand/nands/pl_jp for japan nand/nands/pl_kr for korean nandIf the region if different from default, postloader is not capable of run directly the game. So the new region system menu will be displayed with the disc inserted.

PL3 is just amazing at loading homebrew vs hbc in neek but how does one go about creating a compatible Korean and Japanese nand seeing as how modmii will only let me make a eu nand. Thanks in advance.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii can make emulated nands for all regions, but in it's current state if you tell ModMii u are building uneek+di it will limit you to USA or PAL, so instead just choose sneek then copy the emulated nand to the USB when finished.

I've just PM'd overjoy asking him if neek2o has hacks for other regions\firmwares (the original neek only support USA\PAL on 4.2 and 4.3), depending on his answer the next ModMii update will permit you to build other region nands even when uneek+di is selected

Reactions: 1 person

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If the hacks are handled by Priiloader, do they need to be done by neek2o as well?
You always have people that don't use priiloader, but it allows to enable and disable every hack individualy.
New hacks will likely come out as hack files for priiloader. What am I missing here?

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
Now make an easy-to-use installer that dumps your NAND to USB, creates all necessary files (e.g. kernel.bin) from the NAND dump and you've finally made SNEEK noob-friendly.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I prefer to make it as functional as possible at this moment. Using modmii as guidance is already a great help for the setup.
I must agree things can still improve for noobs.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If the hacks are handled by Priiloader, do they need to be done by neek2o as well?
You always have people that don't use priiloader, but it allows to enable and disable every hack individualy.
New hacks will likely come out as hack files for priiloader. What am I missing here?
Can anyone confirm that neek2o AND the original neek work properly with ANY region 4.1/4.2/4.3 emulated nand when running sneek+di and uneek+di?

As I mentioned earlier there was a reason behind why ModMii only permits 4.2/4.3-PAL/USA nands when building uneek+di and sneek+di, I'm pretty sure it was because other region system menu hacks were not embedded in neek directly, but it sounds like this isn't an issue anymore (or never was).

Thx in advance to anyone able to shed some light on this for me :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay