• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nah, prolly won´t work, as far as i know none of the usb loaders cna play TinTin Yet..

@virgilkellogg: ther isn't really a good guide for it yet for neek2o, but you can follow the 1st part from u/sneek for setting op the emunand.

Most important thing though is you start with the right setup befor you start with modmii.
In Short: make shure the HDD you use is formatted/partitioned with a 32Kb clustersize, and is a primary partition. Some also say that you need it to be active, do so if its possible.
After that ModMii should provide all files and folders needed.

If you are going to try once more let us know how it came out..

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@VirgilKellogg, for now I would recommend u just play tin tin from the disc channel. Since it's probably the only game u have that doesn't work via a usb-loader (yet) u still shouldn't need to ever get off the couch to switch games. Keep your eyes peeled for usb-loader\cIOS updates that get the game working in the future.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The speed with a lot of installed channels and wiiware is something we are working on.
If the channels entries are removed from the uid.sys file, the channel banner annimation is no longer loaded in the system menu and it loads fast again.
A temporary workaround is priiloader loading postloader directly. Postloader can launch the channels, and it loads fast.
For the loading of your games, you can simply switch to another nand without much installed channels.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
About tintin:
It doesn't work with Sneek+DI or Uneek+DI + NeoGamma(in sneek mode...), so it's a loader and not a cIOS issue. Well, NeoGamma R9 beta53 contains code that is supposed to fix the game, but it's reported to not even boot tintin at all when in sneek mode.

VirgilKellogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
ok I may try sneek again tonight, but Ill just play tintin from a disc. Have to teach kids how, and move it back somewhere close. :) Thanks again for all the help you guys are great.. :)

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower says that tintin doesn't work in neek if you launch the game in a loader and that the reason that it doesn't work on real nand is probably the same problem. In short it means that the problem is in the backup loader and probably not in the cIOS.

It also means that gamedevs have to learn from this so even more people gonna use neek ;)

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
A small question/suggestion: is it possible for neek2o to support .png covers ?
It will be convenient to use .png as the covers since it's used for all USB Loaders.
(no need to convert from .png to .bmp)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A small question/suggestion: is it possible for neek2o to support .png covers ?
It will be convenient to use .png as the covers since it's used for all USB Loaders.
(no need to convert from .png to .bmp)
are you talking about inside joyflow? or in the over lay menu?.

VirgilKellogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
tintin pal work with uneek+di
I finally got Uneek+di working, i installed it as euro, and it works great for call of duty 3, and black ops.. which i have never gotten to work before.. however it wont seem to load tintin... wont even put it in the cd loader channel. LOL. i give up, but at least I got this sneeky stuff working, oh and Homebrew channel freezes on load in the fake nand version tooo.. kinda odd. Oh well, it was fun tomorrow night I return to my real job, then holidays, so Happy holidays! OH it wont load anything euro or japan.. only US... crap now i have to figure out how to load Euro... I thought I made them euro.. but aparently putting my Serial number in changes it to US.. DOH should have been obvious eh? rofl...

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a known issue that the homebrew channel 1.08 doesn't work in neek2o.
You can either use the 1.07 (wil ask to update every time if you have an internet connection), the homebrew filter (will only load homebrew from sd card) or postloader.
Maybe your dump of Tintin is bad, causing it not to load. Since nothing has loaded it so far, and others report it working, it's a possibility.
Are you sure you are using the pal version of the game on your euro nand?

VirgilKellogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Ha ha - that solves that problem then.

Just don't understand now why neek2o isn't seeing the contents of the wbfs folder ? Well, that and working why it's tempramental as to whether neek2o kicks in at all (sometimes it does and sometimes it just freezes on a black screen - possibly hanging as the TV doesn't appear to be receiving a signal when it doesn't work)

(b) Delete diconfig.bin manually or rebuilt the cache using the option in the overlay menu

I tried that but the Wii just emiitted a long beep and then crashed.

I should have read more.. this guy had the exact same stuff happening that I had... LOL.. all the answers were here already i guess. *sigh*

lolof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, I am trying to install this via modmii but it doesn't work because a file is corrupt/missing, it is what modmii show me in the a txt file.
nswitche failed to download.... Modmii skiped this step and ended to compile things without this file.
What can I do to complete the installation. Thanks in advance for helping me.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, I am trying to install this via modmii but it doesn't work because a file is corrupt/missing, it is what modmii show me in the a txt file.
nswitche failed to download.... Modmii skiped this step and ended to compile things without this file.
What can I do to complete the installation. Thanks in advance for helping me.
go to the google code page an download the nswitch dol from there. or try an rerun modmii, an see if it works.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a known issue that the homebrew channel 1.08 doesn't work in neek2o.
You can either use the 1.07 (wil ask to update every time if you have an internet connection), the homebrew filter (will only load homebrew from sd card) or postloader.
[/p]This issue sort of annoyed me, so I created a "firewall" module for IOS. All this does is to patch the code that creates /dev/wl0 so it returns 0 when HBC tries to access the Hackmii server. Would this be an useful addition to the official neek2o code?

This would be a very usefull addition for neek2o!

lolof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, it is working now. Impressive !
I tried to play tintin and it is working, there is big slowdown in the game. Is there something to do to avoid those slowdown.
The game is in wbfs format.
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!