• Start date
  • Views 299,699
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
excellent job - will give this a whirl (via ModMii) over the weekend.

Does it require my .wbfs files to be in a certain place on the USB HDD ? Also how do I access the games ? Is there a sort of CFG Loader / Wiiflow equivalent for neek2o but which plays games using the IOSes rather than the cIOSes ?

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just one question im trying to copy my mw3 save over to the my new nand and i got it to install with save manger gx but i went to load it and the files where unusable?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@adambrunt:
you will need your games in the wbfs folder on a fat32 partition of your harddisk. The partition needs to be active and should have a 32Kb cluster size. (512 bytes sector size)
you can have all the games under that folder with the name gameid.wbfs or you can have them in gameid subfolders, one subfolder for every game. Some other formats used by usb loaders are supported as well. Make sure you rebuild diconfig.bin if you add or delete games.
There is Joyflow, a modified version of wiiflow. Stfour is working on a postloader that does the trick as well. In the mean while, you can launch the game overlay menu by pressing the 1 button on your remote when you are in the system menu.

@nintendiw:
messing with the priority levels of the different modules can cause real strange behavour and unstabillity. We will sure give it a try and might change it in the next version if everything appears to be stable and without issues.

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excellent job - will give this a whirl (via ModMii) over the weekend.

Does it require my .wbfs files to be in a certain place on the USB HDD ? Also how do I access the games ? Is there a sort of CFG Loader / Wiiflow equivalent for neek2o but which plays games using the IOSes rather than the cIOSes ?
games can be in the normal folder (wbfs on hdd)....you can access games via overlay menu by pressing 1 on wiimote while in wii menu. Also postloader3 is being developed to load games as well

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
gotcha, I guess I gotta put out another ModMii update soon, lol. If that's the only change I need to make, I think I might put out a silent incremental update to ModMii's DL database(ie. 4.7.6.1) performed during update checks. It's probably like the 2nd or 3rd time I'll actually make use of that minor update method, lol. Anyways, looking forward to your JoyFlow update and everything else u got cooking atm :D

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gotcha, I guess I gotta put out another ModMii update soon, lol. If that's the only change I need to make, I think I might put out a silent incremental update to ModMii's DL database(ie. 4.7.6.1) performed during update checks. It's probably like the 2nd or 3rd time I'll actually make use of that minor update method, lol. Anyways, looking forward to your JoyFlow update and everything else u got cooking atm :D
Yeah sorry, I forgot to tell you, but I'll make it up to you (and all others)

Oh and I hope this post also answers some pm's I got lately

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so launching, this was working before using switch to, but know when i try it give the error, can't read nand path txt. all i did was build the sneek folder with modmii. then went to launch. an thats what happened. so if switch to uneek is not working how would i launch? in homebrew an load bootmii?

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
-is a little slower than real nand as the drive acces itself is slower.

Oh this is perfectly fixable :) A few month ago or so I tried sorgeligs s/uneek modification with my hard drive and the loading times of the system menu were quite faster than on real nand, even with channels installed.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok so launching, this was working before using switch to, but know when i try it give the error, can't read nand path txt. all i did was build the sneek folder with modmii. then went to launch. an thats what happened. so if switch to uneek is not working how would i launch? in homebrew an load bootmii?
Try: http://www.mediafire.com/?yvcd0ficuwbz6ex

-is a little slower than real nand as the drive acces itself is slower.

Oh this is perfectly fixable :) A few month ago or so I tried sorgeligs s/uneek modification with my hard drive and the loading times of the system menu were quite faster than on real nand, even with channels installed.
not really

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I can't speak for other people of course, but yes, for me the loading times were really quite faster :) Of course the cluster size has a big impact on the speed. s/uneek supports 64kb cluster sized partitions, I recommend to use 64kb clusters if possible rather than 32.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt see it mentioned but what is the wii ware /vc limit for them to show up on the emulated nands system menu sorry

Atlas_22

Trophies
XP
Country
Only a minor problem with this I guess. Black ops / mw3 multilayer performance is unplayable, even more so then discex format from default uneek 168 (same wbfs and drive work without slowdown on usb cfg loader with d2x 53 or something). Otherwise nice work getting this running, love the live nand switching.
maybe you should try this
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__3961755
it helped me with another game.
yep i made those changes to kernal.bin in the sneek folder on my usbhdd, mw3 running smoothly now

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
@obcd/overjoy

guys, can you add a option that lets you reset nandcfg.bin and diconfig.bin in a press of a button. Sometimes there are games that causing problem and will effect the behavior of the NEEK2O and this can only be fixed by deleting those 2 files. It would be great if there's a option that let us do that without plugging it to our computer or running an extra homebrew to do the job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning