neek2o and the virtual Wii

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by veraci_00, Jan 27, 2017.

1. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    How exactly do I install neek2o on the virtual Wii with usb loader gx? I already have my emuNAND with several games installed. Is that what I need? I read on here that neek2o has better compatibility than emuNAND. Also, can I install this on the regular Wii as well? Thank you.

2. stl25

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    Last edited by stl25, Jan 27, 2017
  3. veraci_00
    OP

veraci_00 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2016
    United States
    Thanks. I've got Wii and Gamecube games working. emuNAND is working as well. However, I read that some wiiware titles require neek, so I wanted to set it up.

4. stl25

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    Good luck. I wanted to use neek2o at first but like you there is very little info on how to do it.

5. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    You would have to look for the neek release for vWii by yourself. It can't be shared here as it contains copyrighted Nintendo kernel stuff as far as I remember.
    However: When you found it (maybe someone is sending you a PM?) you will find a "sneek" folder in the zip. Just put this folder in the root of your USB drive and set launch mode in USB Loader GX individually to "neek" for each game that requires it. This option would only show up in USBLGX when the sneek folder has been placed on the drive.

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    the vWii version only work with USB, so if you currently have your emuNAND folder on SD you will have to move it to USB.
    not all USB are compatible, there are some requirement (sector size, partition table, partition format, etc.)

If you want to setup Neek2o for the Wii, I wrote some guides :
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-...properly-utilize-emunand.437521/#post-6592730
    this one is the main guide, it links to 2 other guides : building neek or neek2o using modmii, and building neek or neek2o without modmii.

If you want a guide to build vWii neek (not neek2o) there is one in the WiiU hacking section, written by JoostinOnline.
    You will not have channel autoboot from USBLoaderGX, but you'll benefit from the neek's better compatibility for some games, like Bonsai barber or Castlevania (or the other rebirth series), and all the N64 games.
    auto-boot is a nice feature, but it's better to be able to play the game from neek than not find the illegal to share neek2o for vWii at all.

Last edited by Cyan, Jan 27, 2017
  7. cooldasher

cooldasher Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2017
    United States
    Hey everyone,

I know that there is an illegal to share beta version of neek2o that is compatible with the vWii. I've looked all over for a version that I can compile by myself that doesn't have the Nintendo code in it. Does anyone know where I can find source files? Or could someone PM me source files?

Also, is there a good summary of what is and isn't working correctly with neek2o Rev 96 beta for vWii?

Thanks for the help!